What is your favorite chicken breed?

We have 8 different breeds--lots of variation in who we like and why, but my favorite just from a personality perspective are--by far--our bielefelders. Man, they are essentially like dogs. I know some folks dont like them because they eat so much, but they are incredible layers and are the friendliest birds we've ever found.
Never heard of them. Guess I'll have to look them up! Ty!

My first breed was Red Production and those hens were amazing. I got 6 eggs from each hen every week, they followed me around, very nice birds.

For the Bantams, I really enjoy the Silkies and love the Roo. I enjoyed the B Cochins, but they were so mean to other hens, I rehomed them. B Easter Egger and B Welsummers are very flighty. The Welsummers are sooo dumb. I rehomed my B Brahmas when they were young because I didn’t enjoy them.

I love Blue Favaucana from My Pet Chicken, she has been the best momma. I have had a French Copper Maran for about a month and she has a good disposition.

Of my 4 years of chicken raising, I have to say that my all time favorites are:

Personality: Barred rocks and Buff orpingtons
Egg color: EE's (you never know what you're going to get)
Feather coloring: Speckled Sussex (I call her my little torture device, she is sweet but pecks extremely hard!)
Egg production: My barred rock EE mix (lays 5-6 times a week)

Thoughts on other breeds:
I have owned many different breeds. My least favorite, personality wise, is the brown leghorn. My red leghorns are super sweet and love to play jungle-gym on my arms, but the brown leghorns are flighty and would rather keep to themselves. I have silver leghorns scheduled to arrive on Wednesday from Murray McMurray. Hopefully they are like the red leghorns.
Wyandottes were never a problem in my coop when it came to bullying. They had always been younger than the leaders and would never dare to challenge Blossom, my lead BO. They weren't interested in people, but would eat anything out of your hand.
I love barnyard mixes! They are probably the best hens I have ever owned. I have three adult hens that are BRxBO, BRxEE, and an EE. My BO hen Lei Ming hatched out some more barnyard mixes three weeks ago today. So far it looks like Five girls and Five boys. Fingers Crossed!!!:fl
Awaiting my new shipment of friends for Wednesday, May 1st!

Aseel is my favourite breed of chicken and no I don't like cockfight. I have many many different breeds of chicken, but no other breed possess the personality of the Aseels. They become great pets, roosters are not agressive towards their owners, both sexes fetch good price and most importantly Aseel hens are the best mothers in the chicken world. They stay high in the pecking order, no one messes with them, they are excellent teachers. They are poor layers, but at the same time they are not kept for eggs either.
IMG_1525966014880.jpg

946DAD0D-DD8D-4BE6-BEA1-63236502A73F.jpeg
My favorite is my Lavender Orpington. Her name is Zsa Zsa and she is so calm, quiet and tame.I just love her she is my special chicken. She is not the best layer, probably my worst, she only lays about four or five eggs a week, but that’s OK because I have seven other chickens and more eggs than I need. I didn’t really pick chickens for their laying abilities, more for their looks and personalities, but I do get tons of eggs.
Here’s a picture of my Lavender Orpington ZsaZsa.

My vote is for Naked Necks. I don't know why but I just love them. The hens are good layers, not super friendly but not stupid flighty either. Maybe it's the "so ugly it's cute" factor. I have a NN roo whose dad is a FBCM (pic). I just hatched some eggs from my ladies and got 5 NN babies, all different color/ feather patterns. I can't wait to see what color eggs they lay because most of the hens were blue or green egg layers (legbars, EEs, Ameraucana, whiting TB). I also really really like EEs. They are the last to stop laying in the fall and first to start in the late winter. They are typically smart and very beautiful and unique.

Attachments

• first chick pics April 16 2019 112.jpg
    first chick pics April 16 2019 112.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 15
  • through 4.30.2018 baby chicks 027.jpg
    through 4.30.2018 baby chicks 027.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 14
  • first chick pics April 16 2019 089.jpg
    first chick pics April 16 2019 089.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 14
  • first chick pics April 16 2019 060.jpg
    first chick pics April 16 2019 060.jpg