What is your favorite homemade jelly?

Plum jelly - but they have to be stolen...makes them taste better. Don't ask me why. I married into the family that taught me this...it is true

I had a strawberry rhubarb mix one time and it was good. Sweet and sour. I also love anything gooseberry.
tongue.png

Quote:
I had a homemade strawberry rhubarb jam once, and it Was awesome!
love.gif

I made my very first Jam last summer (first time canning too!) and it was peach, it was pretty good, if I do say so myself
big_smile.png
I still have a couple of jars in the cupboard.

I just canned a batch of Prickly Pear (from the fruit) today, it is so amazingly complex and delicious that it will make your eyes roll back in your head and you stand there and drool for another taste!
Go cactus, Go cactus!

Quote:
I picked mine last year, and kept them in the freezer 'till now. Stickers: Hold them with tongs under running water and use an old kitchen scrubbie (discard after use) to scrub off the stickers. Put in bags in the freezer. When ready, only partially defrost to skin and seed. I found, however, I can defrost completely and throw them whole in my juicer. I still needed to strain the juice for stray seeds but it was so much easier and less messy!

A tie between raspberry and strawberry jam.

The kids favorite is strawberry jam.

I make strawberry jam every 6 weeks or so. Freeze all the berries during the summer and make the jam as needed:D

Back
Top Bottom