What Is Your Most Common Predator?

What Is Your Most Common Predator?

• Total voters
I'm at 2k feet here, and we have both bear and mountain lion here. Had a bear family move in for a bit (mama and 2 cubs). Left huge piles of dung in my driveway - lol! Have a wolf seasonally, too. Should start seeing her again soon. Where are you? Just curious.
I’m in Montana, in the foothills of the eastern slope.

Ranch country, so I’m sure large preds are actively “discouraged” by owners from larger holdings.

I have coyotes, hawks, and eagles on my property. I’ve seen roadkilled skunks and raccoons on the highway about 7 miles away, so I think it’s safe to assume I may see them occasionally.

Neighbors tell me we have bears and mountain lions on occasion, too. But I’ve not seen signs of them. My guess is they are pass-through juveniles looking for territory as our elevation is only about 4k feet. Most sightings of adults are higher.

:welcome :frow I have had a multitude of predators over the years. Bobcat, fox, coyotes, possum, hawks, owls that have killed some birds. I have seen other predators such as coons, skunks, eagles, cats and dogs. My birds are well protected. Lessons learned the hard way. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom