Does anyone know what it might look like as an adult?
Based on it's color and chipmunk pattern I would say something like one of the below EE's:
IMG_3018.JPG

(These are two of my EE's as pullets with a Dominique cockerel. Notice the variation, one is darker than the other.)

thank you! My wellsummers looked a lot like that. Someone was telling me that for EEs the fluffiness means rooster 😣
Your welcome!

It's amazing the rumors that go around. Fluffiness in a chick has no impact on whether it is male or female. Most EE's will have a pea comb, muff and beard. You can get a large variety in egg color, but many people report blue/green (with some laying brown or pink). My EE's lay what I consider to be a light shade of green.

Your welcome!

It's amazing the rumors that go around. Fluffiness in a chick has no impact on whether it is male or female. Most EE's will have a pea comb, muff and beard. You can get a large variety in egg color, but many people report blue/green (with some laying brown or pink). My EE's lay what I consider to be a light shade of green.

We are really hoping it turns out to be a pullet, it’s so sweet and docile, the other ones we got in the same batch are way more assertive, walk a little taller and are pretty mean to all the other chicks in my brooder! I’m guessing with EEs it’s not easy to sex them until they’re older?

We are really hoping it turns out to be a pullet, it’s so sweet and docile, the other ones we got in the same batch are way more assertive, walk a little taller and are pretty mean to all the other chicks in my brooder! I’m guessing with EEs it’s not easy to sex them until they’re older?
Wait till they're 5 or 6 weeks then post some pictures. Once they're that age they're about as easy to sex as any other chick (in my opinion). Did you get them straight-run or as sexed pullets? If you go them straight run then there is a good chance of some roos being in there.

Wait till they're 5 or 6 weeks then post some pictures. Once they're that age they're about as easy to sex as any other chick (in my opinion). Did you get them straight-run or as sexed pullets? If you go them straight run then there is a good chance of some roos being in there.

i got straight run this time. I got all my salmon faverolles as pullets but my silkies and (what I thought were) americaunas as straight run. My batch of chicks last year were all supposed to be pullets but I ended up with 5 roosters out of 12 chicks.

i got straight run this time. I got all my salmon faverolles as pullets but my silkies and (what I thought were) americaunas as straight run. My batch of chicks last year were all supposed to be pullets but I ended up with 5 roosters out of 12 chicks.
Hmm, sorry for your bad luck with roos! Some hatcheries are better than others in that respect. Hope you have a plan for the extra male chicks.

We got them in a pinch because they didn’t have Easter eggers. I’d MUCH rather have an EE than ameraucana though based on temperment since I also have silkie and salmon faverolle pullets. I can’t find any pictures of chicks that look like this one though. I also should add, they had wellsummers in the same brooder, but this one doesn’t look quite like a wellsummer to me
could be a roo, no double strips on the back and light in color. of course it could be anything from tc.

It definitely looks different from the others we got. These are the others from the same hatching, they are sleek, have yellow legs, and different colorings and different facial color pattern. These first two pics are the different chicks and then the last pic is the original one I posted (for comparison)
2A2EA2A9-74F2-4A6D-9C66-63DF2FC06B32.jpeg
8EBFD63D-9323-406D-A776-3F2B8857CA33.jpeg
0F4C9C22-031D-4EBB-BE77-BA302ABD96E8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom