What kind of dog do you have?

Dachshunds, like chickens, would be on my wish list for having more, and more and more!! If my husband ever croaks or leaves me, I will not replace him another man, just more dachshunds and chickens, haha!!!!

Quote:
Those photos are Priceless! SO great to see someone so dedicated to a breed/type
smile.png
I, myself, have 3 great danes, and a collie-mix and my husband has a labXaustralian shepherd. I will have a dane until the day I die. They are amazing with everything...but it does require the right owner/socialization/breeding, etc.

i have two rough collies. sable, black and white and another that is all white with a couple sable patches. the reason i like this breed is because they always have a great attitude. and are great with everyone!

Last edited:
I have a Pit Bull who is my indoor dog (75lbs lapdog/bedwarmer) and a wolf hybrid and beagle mutt outside. I don't trust the wolf around small animals becasue he was picked up by animal control after killing some kittens. Someone had chained him out in the woods to die and somehow he managed to get loose and he was starving. He weighed 40 lbs when we got him and that was after he had been at the shelter for 2 weeks! He gets along fine with other animals and on thee rare occasion I have brought him in the house, he has ignored the cats. The Beagle mutt was raised by the owners of an exotic pet store and is used to all sorts of playmates. The pit loves everything and everybody, but tends to treat everybody the same, she plays too rough (pouncing and wrestling) to be trusted around other small animals that don't defend themselves. The cats and iguanas have taught her to respect their limits and so has the neighbors mini pin who comes over to play.

This is going to be fun...

We have a beagle, a beagle mix, 4 black lab puppies, a black lab/ chow mix/ 2 shephard mixes, a golden retriever, a yellow lab, a toy pitbulll.

I love animals. I have 2 Yorkies...they are adorable and so full of life and funny little antics....
I lost my big dog, a yellow lab, in December..(he jumped the fence chasing a 4-wheeler). he was a wonderful friend and protector. We know of 3 times he discouraged burgulars.
I have a picture in my mind of Happy and our son Jamson in the backyard when we first moved to our house here...it was hot and we had been painting all week, Jamson had gotten quiet (he was 3) and I went to double check on him, there he was talking to Happy as he painted him (fortuantely it was only water) Happy stood there tongue hanging and patiently waiting for his "make-over!" Every once in awhile he would turn his head and look backwards at the progress...they were dripping wet and perfectly happy.
frow.gif

We have another Angel dog, she appeared about 3 weeks ago, she is definitely part collie...not sure about the rest, she is blond...long hair with white collie markings. She is so gentle...drops at your feet as soon as you walk out and rolls over waiting for you to rub her belly...she hardly ever barks....and she has never showed a sign of anger or menace to anyone of the church people...she is large enough to be a deterrant, I believe. Her name is Gabbie, she was Gabe, till I took the time to look...
ep.gif

So that makes us 3 pets...and counting!

Back
Top Bottom