What kind of goat should I get?

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
We are moving to an area that is 2.5 acres and we need weed control. We also plan on having a couple dogs, so I need to know what kind of goat is best.
wee.gif

I am partial to pygmys.....I have a small one that thinks she is a dog. She is such a snuggle bug ,loves to go for rides and helps keep the vegetation under control.

l_b5c7b2925fae024c518b4a98b4d983ec.jpg

Last edited:
NUBIANS! You would love them Debi. They are very sweet, fairly large, have long floppy ears, and are a bit whiny. Their milk is delicious. Lets see...on this section, Violet, MissPrissy's goat is a Nubian. Or at least a Nubian cross. Nubians often end up thinking that they are dogs, and sometimes people mistake them for dogs. The standard for the breed is dehorned, and they come in every color of the rainbow. I'll get some pics up.
20534_nubiandoe1.jpg
A Nubian doe.

20534_moonspot1.jpg
Moonspotted doe, my fave color.

20534_moonspot2.jpg
Moonspotted doeling.

Whethered (neutered males) Pygmy goats
big_smile.png
That's the kind I want!

Last edited:
I agree, you need Nubians! They are very affectionate-the "Silkies of the goat world!"
I never saw the moonspotted color before-that is beautiful! Are they pretty rare? We don't have any goats right now, but this summer, we are planning to get a couple. I would love to get that color!

I love, love, love my Saanen, she is very sweet. Her baby is a Saanen/Nubian cross and he is wonderful too--everyone loves him. Good luck on your search and congrats on your new property.

FrizzleFreak---Awesome spotted goats--wow!

hi_there_goat_card-p137214101666366659vdun_325.jpg
I love my herd. It is Sannan and Sannan/Alpine crosses we got from an Amish farm. The girl pictured is super sweet. The Amish children had spoiled her rotten already
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom