What kind of goose is this?

Jun 29, 2018
Anyone know what kind of goose this is?and does he/she look like a gander or a goose? Very curious!

Attachments

• 3DB5C9E4-F5AA-4FDB-BEEE-40F7BCA32249.jpeg
    3DB5C9E4-F5AA-4FDB-BEEE-40F7BCA32249.jpeg
    729.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 4FB230F9-659E-4943-ADC6-075FF8ACBDE1.jpeg
    4FB230F9-659E-4943-ADC6-075FF8ACBDE1.jpeg
    781.5 KB · Views: 19
Does it fly with the Canada geese ? It looks almost like a Canada/Graylag hybrid. Hard to tell gender, but I would guess gander. At a local park we had a Canada/Toulouse pair that raised 3 young. Birds matured to look very similar to the bird pictured - just somewhat gray brown.

Does it fly with the Canada geese ? It looks almost like a Canada/Graylag hybrid. Hard to tell gender, but I would guess gander. At a local park we had a Canada/Toulouse pair that raised 3 young. Birds matured to look very similar to the bird pictured - just somewhat gray brown.
Yes, his mate is actually a Canada goose. That’s what I also assumed that he is a gander. Him and his mate don’t have any goslings though so I was also wondering if they are able to mate.

Yes he does! His mate is also a Canada goose! They don’t have any goslings tho so I wonder if they can mate since they don’t have any. Can geese skip a year of mating?

If he is a Canada/domestic hybrid, everything that I have ever read indicates he will be sterile. The three crosses that I knew never mated and never produced young.

There was a Canada/Snow Goose pair that came to the Home Depot pond every winter for several years. They never had goslings with them. I wonder if that cross even produces young.

Back
Top Bottom