What kind of incubator do you have?

I have alittle Italian, forced air Novatutto that works very good sice I threw the instructions away and got hygrometer and a fever termometer to double check the temperature with. I will build a new one for the next season and keep this one for hatching.

Well, seems maybe the LG still air isn't too bad, I guess. Some of you have them and are ok.

I had mine stabilized fine(right at 24 hours), but once I put the eggs in, I can't maintain temp or humidity. I got up this am, one the temp had risen to 102 and the other the humidity dropped to in the 30%'s.

Ugh...

Hova 1588 with turner
Hova 1588 without turner (for hatching)

I'm on my second hatch, and can hardly imagine anything being easier....
but since I'm so new to this, I hate to say too much on the subject.

Susan

In the still air it is supposed to be around 101-102°F...
smile.png
It takes a while for it to come up to temps when you put a bunch of eggs in there. I just put 27 eggs in mine, and it was stuck at 96°F until this morning. As the eggs warm up, it will too. You will want to keep it around there, though. Now, the thermometer that comes with the LG says right on it... "accurate to ± 2°F", so I ditched it and put my wireless digital in there from my weather station. After it's come up to temp, it stays at 101.5°F and I fill the water tray every couple of days when I notice the humidity dropping.
With a turner in there, you can really just let it go, other than watching the humidity. Just be sure to keep it in a stable environment. I keep mine in the hottub room, which stays a constant temp/humidity, and doesn't have direct sunlight through the window. If you put it on a table near a window that gets direct sunlight, you're going to get temps all over the place.

I hatch with a Transparent Hen and a 1583 Hova Bator circulated air....and a broody or two or three
wink.png

I have a Little Giant which has had one awful and one pleasant hatch.
I have a homemade incubator that has had great success...
2/3. The one pipped but didn't zip.

Video building the incubator:

Video of chicks hatching:

I trashed the thermometer that came with my LG still air immediately.

I have 2 thermometer/hydrometers in each bator (brand new, with brand new batteries) that I got at Walmart.

Weird that I cannot even get both of them to match within a bator....
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom