What kind of shoes do you wear out to the chickens?

I wear a pair of plastic/ rubbery garden shoes. They slip right on and off. I leave them in a bin by the back door and only use them for going out to the chicken coop. Love them! A great investment. I don't worry about them; they are virtually indestructible, and I can just hose them down when they get too poopy.
smile.png

I have several different crocs, regular style and flip flops, depending on the weather. They are machine washable or you can hose them off. When I want to run waterers through the dishwasher with bleach, I might put my crocs on the top shelf too. Let everything air dry.

Flip flops are nice for summer except if you have broody around you'll still get fresh poo on you if you aren't careful. Mud boots are great in the winter but I refuse to wear them when it's 100+ degrees outside. They're just a bit too hot for that. I finally found a pair of crocs without the holes in the sides at a good price so I'm going to try those out. Still like my slip on old tennis shoes the best but they're getting kinda Holy. or Holey. I prefer Holy lol. For when I go out to worship the chickens.

Old birks in summer, muck boots in winter. However, 3 days ago, I wore my birks and it was muddy, the grip is mostly worn off and I slipped in said mud, and, well I biffed it good. Mud everywhere but in my face. Thankfully, I bounce easier than I break.

I have an old pair of New Balance slip ons that I keep by the back door. Whatever I'm wearing I slip off on the mat and slip in to old slip ons. Don't have to worry about snow, etc. but do have to put on socks on days like today... it's 62 degrees.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom