What kind of Snake is This? (Plus Strange Preservation)

It's definitely a ball python, and a young one. Snakes can be escape artists. It probably got out or someone let it go.
Thank you. I looked at pictures, and I think you’re right. It has the dark spots inside it’s markings, and google images show that this is something Ball Pythons have, but Burmese do not.

Gosh, all these years I’ve said it was a Copperhead :lau

Thank you. I looked at pictures, and I think you’re right. It has the dark spots inside it’s markings, and google images show that this is something Ball Pythons have, but Burmese do not.

Gosh, all these years I’ve said it was a Copperhead :lau
Yeah, I worked at a pet shop for 9 years - and I was the only one not scared of the snakes (except the occasional coworker). So I got to interact with them the most.

Ah, don't worry about that! Things can look similar if you don't know. Before I started that job I could only tell a few dog breeds apart haha.

Thats a snake skin - I find them all over the place - snake shed their skin every year - they usually find a hiding place to do it - it is hard to tell what kind of snake it came from because the true colors are not present
I have a snake skin, and this is the body. The eyes, bones, color and position is all completely preserved.

A skin is much different, I’ll post a photo of mine soon. This is exactly like a real snake, but dead.

This is really cool. I wonder if the snake got in the car somehow, then hid in the door because it was shady and cool, only to become injured and entrapped by the window mechanism, which ultimately led to its death, resulting in it being in that convoluted position? What amazes me is that the owner of the car was never troubled by the smell of dead snake decaying in the car. <Shakes head> It's an amazing find. One for Believe It or Not, perhaps. 😊 Thanks for sharing!

This is really cool. I wonder if the snake got in the car somehow, then hid in the door because it was shady and cool, only to become injured and entrapped by the window mechanism, which ultimately led to its death, resulting in it being in that convoluted position? What amazes me is that the owner of the car was never troubled by the smell of dead snake decaying in the car. <Shakes head> It's an amazing find. One for Believe It or Not, perhaps. 😊 Thanks for sharing!
Well I wouldn’t say they weren’t bothered by the smell..... the car was stolen and then abandoned by whoever took it...

I wonder what could possibly make them leave such a nice car behind...🤔 :lau
(It’s a good story, but in truth, the thief crashed the car and it was recovered by police after it was left. However it makes you wonder... WHY did they crash it 🤔 maybe a bad smell?;))

You’re right it IS an amazing find! We never would have found the snake if the window wasn’t broken, because there wouldn’t have been a reason to open the panel! My guess, is that the snake got into the panel by some small hole, but wasn’t able to get out (sort of like those bee traps that have an opening large enough to get in through, but from the inside, is to small)

Thats a snake skin - I find them all over the place - snake shed their skin every year - they usually find a hiding place to do it - it is hard to tell what kind of snake it came from because the true colors are not present
Here is a snake Skin, as you can see, it is the actual skin. There are no bones, or structure to it, it is just a layer of scales that the snake has shed (I found this under my house, I don’t know what snake it is from, I don’t think there is a way to tell now)
image.jpg

Here is the mummy. You can see it has structure, Eyes, Bones, Color, and Looks like a living snake.
B2B8E18C-C1FF-46D2-B584-7FFB81D5F88B.jpeg
75D41A86-497C-4511-92CB-2010AF6EC555.jpeg

It’s a good thought though! Thanks for trying to help :)

Back
Top Bottom