What kinda music do y'all like?

wow, somebody else who knows who Chris LeDoux is. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE his music.

My three favorites:
Bon JOvi
Chris LeDoux
Metallica

I also like:
Brad Paisley
Craig Morgan
Brooks n Dunn
Johnny CAsh
Kenny Rogers
Dolly Parton

I like rock but I can never remember the names of the groups that I like when I hear them on the radio.

I love '80s hair bands, classic rock, and metal.

Last edited:
Although i like to listen to just about any type of music here are some of my favorites:

Charlie Daniels
Lynard Skynard
Hank williams Jr
John Denver ( i know)
cool.png

38 special
zz top

Oh i almost forgot George Straight duh

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of stuff, from blue grass to death metal, if it makes me feel good (and sometimes bad mad angry or sad) I will listen to it. There is not really any "pop" stuff that I will listen to though.
At the moment I am on a pretty big Misfits kick.
Like southernchick said, I like REAL country, not this pop country junk thats out now.
If I were to name my all time favorites I guess it would be....
The Allman brothers band
Gov't Mule
Grateful Dead
Johnny Cash
Skinny puppy
Led Zep
just to name a few.

I love Christian Music.
big_smile.png

Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Lincoln Brewster, Big Daddy Weave, Mercy Me, 33 Miles, Brandon Heath, Falling Up, Hawk Nelson... You name it, I probably know their songs,lol.

I also love country. Most country, I dont like that guy that sings that, "slap your grandma" song. Tracy Lawrance?? I cant stand him! I like Rascal Flatts, Joe Nichols, George Straight, people like that. And Sara Evans, but partially cause she's beautiful,lol.

I also like that rock/emo whatever stuff. I love All Time Low, The Academy Is, Just Surrender, Mayday Parade, etc. If they dont scream, I usually like them.

I HATE Screamo stuff. Its ridiculous. Why do I want to listen to someone scream!?!?!!?

I DESPISE rap with a passion. Its horrible. They talk about drugs and treating girls like crap.( And that birds and the bees stuff, but I dont want to use the word on the chicken site.
tongue.png
) That sounds fun, yeah? But also, the girls in the videos disgust me as well. I dont see why girls degrade themselves so much to have some abusive man treat them like crap? Do they want to be treated like crap? Im not popular, Im not a good fighter, I dont wear my shorts down the the back of my knees either. I dont do things others tell me to because its cool. Im proud to say I've never done drugs, smoked OR drank in my life! I do everything in my power to make sure everything for the girl Im dating is perfect. I try my hardest not to hurt her in any way emotionally. I would never physically hurt a girl. It just disgusts me that people cant treat each other as equals. I think us guys should be proud of our women, I'd hate to push a watermelon out of my nostril! :eek:

I like old country too, and bluegrass and stuff. Don't like any pop music, country or otherwise.

I also love world/ethnic music, rhythm and blues, old style jazz, reggae, and folk rock. I like a smattering of rap and grunge and rock and electronic dance, but hate heavy metal and punk. Some favorites: Indigo Girls, Beatles, afro-samba, celtic.

I don't understand screaming either.
tongue.png
I was once walking through a park, and there was a "concert" that consisted of this guy flailing around on stage absolutely screaming his lungs out. His endurance was admirable (I don't think he stopped for the whole concert, though I didn't stay around long enough to find out), but his "singing" was hard on the ears and totally incomprehensible. The chaotic drum and guitar accompaniment didn't help anything either. I didn't hear any sort of melody. It was mildly amazing they even got stage time (I'm even more amazed he didn't fall off the stage). I'm a musician myself, and so I appreciate a good voice and instrumental skills. Many bands lack those basics.
roll.png

There's some good rap out there, tending to be political and reggae like. I never hear it on the commercial stations, but the local university station plays it. But I know what you mean. I can't stand it when all it is is a string of expletives and derogatory stuff. I once heard a rapper in person too, and his ability to do non-stop acappella rhyming rhythmic improvisation all at once was pretty amazing!

Last edited:
My all-time favorite singer right now is Avril Lavigne!
I also have listened to ALOT of Christian music. My favorites being Newsboys, Casting Crowns and ApologetiX.

Hey, OEGBMan- have you ever heard of ApologetiX? They're a Christian Parody band.

Back
Top Bottom