What makes BYC so FUN? Why do I LOVE this site?

Quote:
ok, let me do some 'splainin' here. I was only going to throw snowballs or beat you with a bundle of wheat straw because you had the audacity to proclaim you are always immaculate in appearance & demeanor at all times, while I regularly praise God that the video phones that were supposed to be in EVERY household by the turn of the century have not really caught on, and that webcams are easily turned off... I love the luxury of sitting at my computer in whatever state of dress or undress I prefer at the moment, not caring if my makeup (should I have happened to actually WEAR any that day) is now sliding down my face and I have a lipstick grimace as a necklace, and can revel in the knowledge that many of us BYCers are in that same disheveled state. I applaud you for your immaculate appearance and demeanor. Really. Truly. My hat is off to you, Sir! (mainly because I can't remember where I left it... )
love.gif

One of the reasons I started this thread! And I can lie through my teeth about how clean my house is!
lau.gif

roll.png
being able to edit my typing is another bonus.....

Last edited:
Quote:
ok, let me do some 'splainin' here. I was only going to throw snowballs or beat you with a bundle of wheat straw because you had the audacity to proclaim you are always immaculate in appearance & demeanor at all times, while I regularly praise God that the video phones that were supposed to be in EVERY household by the turn of the century have not really caught on, and that webcams are easily turned off... I love the luxury of sitting at my computer in whatever state of dress or undress I prefer at the moment, not caring if my makeup (should I have happened to actually WEAR any that day) is now sliding down my face and I have a lipstick grimace as a necklace, and can revel in the knowledge that many of us BYCers are in that same disheveled state. I applaud you for your immaculate appearance and demeanor. Really. Truly. My hat is off to you, Sir! (mainly because I can't remember where I left it... )
love.gif

One of the reasons I started this thread! And I can lie through my teeth about how clean my house is!
lau.gif

Oh yeah, and that too....
gig.gif

roll.png
being able to edit my typing is another bonus.....

Quote:
TEN hours? What time zone are you in?

btw, I adore draft horses, used to drive them for carriage tours.....

But don't tell Highlander, she already thinks I'm a weirdo...

Last edited:
I always like to visit BYC wearing my tiara, makeup and lipstick with a glass of champers (vintage of course) to hand...................well darlink, one never knows who one might meet....... mah wahhhhhh

This is the only site that offers a wealth of information, great company and I have made a host of fabby friends, all of whom enrich my life and I COULD NOT live without .........BYC rocks for me.....

Hail the Great Monach Nifty..........where would we all be without him.............
big_smile.png

What you said, and because this is the only place I have adult conversations with someone other than my husband!!! Living overseas is no fun.

My DH used to make fun of me for being on here so much. I would read an interesting thread or learn something new and I would go to share it with him and he would just shake his head and say something like, "You don't even know those people and you talk about them like you have known them forever!"

Now when he has a problem or a question he comes and says, "Hey I wonder if those BYC people have any ideas?"

I love this site and I really do learn something new here each and everytime I log in.

Well, I for one, have a bone to pick with you BYC'ers. Since joining, I am now dangerously close to picking up, not 2, but 3 new hobbies!!! Aaaaak! I barely have time for my current hobbies of horses, dogs,chickens, gardening, and photography. Now I seriously long for some ducks, I'm starting out in wood burning, and, thanks to a posting I read today, canning! Good Lord! I have been doing searches on canning supplies and jam recipes all evening, all because of you people!
I hope you're happy. I know I am.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Me too. I always put on my best diamonds before I log on. This is a classy joint.

Like Opa said, BYC has enriched my life in so many ways. I consider people here my real friends, not just internet friends, even though I've never met any of you.

Back
Top Bottom