what name do you like the out of my choices i put up (only girl names)

going with

anna
smile.png

Something really runny? I did this same thing, only on steroids.

I actually made up BALLOTS... with first and middle name options... and an Other____.

Handed them out to EVERYONE, and actually tallied results and all.

We'd settled on Michael Christopher... but then, as I was doped outta my head and strapped to a table (C-section) hubby says "Hey, what happened to Alexander?" and the rest is history.

We leaned more to traditional names... simply because it's not a FAD... like mine... where 5 of 12 girls will be named the same... that is NOT an exaggeration, that was my band class... 5 OF 12. It was REALLY bizarre... so, that said... here's my critique...

Alison - Pretty classic, nickname of Ali is cute but not insipid, Germanic (English/French) means Noble, Of the Noble Kind.

Amanda - Still remember snickering that Amanda was A Man, Duh, but in Latin she who must be loved... which could be taken as she's adorable so people can't help it, or that she's demanding and selfish... donno which they mean. Not my fav name, but least you can call her Mandy.

Anna - Classic, Elegant, nickname Annie, Anna Banana so it's not too much for a youngster but a good professional name as an adult means Grace/Favor in Hebrew.

Elizabeth - Classic, Hebrew "My God Is A Vow" A solid stead name, nicks include Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Lizbeth.

Jackie - Cute as a nickname, but I'd use the long Jacqueline so when an adult she has the choice. Jacqueline is girl for Jacques, Jacques is the French James. This WAS a fad name in 1961, nowadays it's fairly rare... which I like!

Samantha - Sam, another Boy/Girl name cute, but solid. Cousin Sam, girl, was uber TomBoy. Aramaic for Listener... does that mean 'good listener' or eavesdropper? But I do love Bewitched so it survived the Fad List.

Fad Names out just for that reason....
Brianna - girl version of Brian..
Courtney - Meh, never could stand this one, nowadays summons the image of Courtney Love *gag*
Deanna - Girl version of Dean, Variety of Diana... Latin goddess.
Kelcie - bonus points for butchering Kelcey, Old English Victorious Ship.
Kahley - is a Surname, but maybe pronounced as a variant of Kaylee - fad, niece is one of many.
Caitlin - Several just in the kid's school...
Casey - Boy or Girl name, that can cause problems, means
Bethany - Fad Name, corruption of Elizabeth and/or Beth Ann IMHO, I'd just go with the original.
Kimberly - Kimbo, Kimmy, Kim... pretty solid since 70's but leans country, the berly part = forest clearing...

Desiree - NEVER give your girl a name that summons ANY kind of desire... *shudder*

Star - Summons the character Star from Lost Boys... I was thanking heaven mom didn't name me that. Had enough people thinking she was a drug abuser with the name I DO have.

Those (very blunt) opins are just based on the single word... not on first and middle combos (really only used when the kid is in trouble) and doesn't take last name into account at all... but that's my top six, top three would be Anna, Elizabeth and Alison... I think... .after that it gets too hard... maybe Alison Elizabeth... or Anna Elizabeth... Elizabeth Anna... Elizabeth Alison... meh, I donno.

Back
Top Bottom