What pets do you have besides chickens? Take the poll!

What pet besides chickens do you have?

• Total voters
Pics
View attachment 1061992
You may be thinking "Eww TGP what is that gross cardboard ball and why are you treating it like a pet"

Well, that's actually 75-200 praying mantis nymphs. That's their ootheca, aka egg sac. I'll release all but one, who stays in the larger habitat. No it won't get lonely, they're cannibalistic antisocial insects that rip the male's head off after mating.

But for now, they're boring.

Awesome!!!! lol

I have 3 dogs this is Loki the big baby I have 4 cats all indoor 7 or 8 gold fish in a pond outside 6 BO's, 7 Silky's, 1 game and 4 Guineas
upload_2017-7-1_20-12-19.png

We have 16 chickens, too many Japanese quail to count - at least 30, 8 Button quail, 1 dog, 3 cats, currently 12 Java finches with one Java on 7 fertile eggs due to hatch any day now, 10 Society finches (one on a nest of 5 eggs that aren't that far along), and 10 Bourkes parakeets. 7 of our Java finches are hand reared, the older 3 because it was the parents first time and they weren't coping (the male wasn't helping out at all), and the younger 4 because we had a mouse breaking into the aviary (squeezing through the 1/4 inch hardware cloth) and eating babies feet. One hardly has any toes and it's a miracle he survived (he was so pale from blood loss when I brought them inside at a day old), but he's the sweetest little thing who loves us and often chases the others off if they think they are going to sit on us too!

Here's Stumpy:
Stumpy.jpg

Stumpy.jpg

Some of the others, one of them older and almost finished his molt into adult colours:
Hiccup and littlies.jpg

Back
Top Bottom