What Rabbits Do You Have? Show Off Your Rabbits Here!

Coolest Rabbit Breed Out Of These?

• Holland Lop

Votes: 108 21.3%
  • English Spot

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • American Fuzzy Lop

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • Mini Rex/Rex

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 94 18.6%
  • Polish

Votes: 13 2.6%
  • English Lop

Votes: 33 6.5%
  • Mini Satins/Satins

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Lionhead

Votes: 112 22.1%

• Total voters
So I lost the runt ): I believe it was indeed a peanut.

But the other ones are looking good. Any ideas on what color they may turn out to be? The doe is a vienna marked black torteiseshell. The dad not sure, but here's his pic

love.gif
OMG I have no idea what they are other than ADORABLE. Our doe is 28 days today since being bred. Am doing my best to remain calm. Your baby pictures are not helping
wink.png
. p.s. sorry about the runt.

I had given a rabbit to a girl I work with. I told her to check her rabbit. It was pulling hair. She gave it a next box. Neither of us are used to bunnies in the winter. What special precautions need to be made. Its dropping down in the 20's at night and some times in the teens here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a fitted tarp wrap on my hutch. Flaps up in the summer, down in the winter. Mine have done fine in weather in highs in the 90's and lows on teens I also use a fan in the summer.
Summer.

Winter.

I take the ramp away at night and close the door with the flap over.

Well I've had a rough past few days. First I bred two does. The Tort doe had her babies yesterday (Jan. 4th) in the afternoon. This morning I checked on them and when she was nursing them, one didn't let go, she hopped out, and it froze to death. She had two other babies and apparently they both froze to death also, lesson learned, I need to keep them warmer next time. Then my other doe gave birth this afternoon (Jan 5th) and when I checked on them all I found was half of a babies carcass. I'm pretty sure she ate them, as if something got in there the predator would have eaten the doe or made a wreck of the cage.

Sorry, just wanted to share what's going on. Since both does have already had their litters and lost them. How long should I wait till Re-breeding?

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss.so far our Lionhead rabbits have just bred once and theirs were born in September but we now have two holland lop does that have been bred a few days ago and I will admit I'm a little nervous on how it will go in the winter time. I will definitely make sure that they keep nice and warm.

I did have a question about my two does. When we got them each of them came with a pedigree and has an ear number. What I was wanting to know was when the babies are born what is the purpose of the ear number tattoo? Is this something that I should do before they are sold or does the new owner put the tattoo number on the ear?

@ShadyGroveFarm1

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a tough time. I reckon you know why I say that anyone who believes in the saying, "breeds like rabbits" has never tried it, huh?
roll.png

A litter as small as 2 or 3 can have a very hard time staying warm. For this reason, I bring my litters in the house when the temps are low, and only take them out to the mothers once or twice a day to nurse. Some of my does have had a little trouble getting the hang of this, others have no problems with it at all.

If these were my does, I'd rebreed straight away, and make sure to mark my calender when the next litter is due. Good Luck!

I did have a question about my two does. When we got them each of them came with a pedigree and has an ear number. What I was wanting to know was when the babies are born what is the purpose of the ear number tattoo? Is this something that I should do before they are sold or does the new owner put the tattoo number on the ear?
A tattoo is placed in the left ear of the rabbit for the purpose of identification. It can be put there by either the breeder or the purchaser. It isn't critical in a pet/breeder situation, but you can't show a rabbit without a legible tattoo.

Back
Top Bottom