What should I do with this issue?

rhodeislandred1

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 27, 2012
My chickens have attracted mice. My parents want to get rid of my chickens. What should I do about this mouse problem? I dont want to let my chickens go :(

Do you live in the city or country? IF country-get a barn cat to take care of the problems. If in the city, then you coud use sticky traps outside the coop. Do you have food down on the ground of them at all times? I have hanging feeders about 10 inches off the ground so they dont have easy access to the feeders. Hope this helps.

Problem is we let the chickens out everyday so i dont want them stepping on any traps or eating poison.

you can get a piece of plywood and put it up on small blocks so that a regular mouse trap has room to work and chickens can not get to it.
you may need a weight on top of plywood. so it does not move and trap the mice.

Your chickens are not attracting mice, FOOD IS.

Clean up any food on the ground and keep your feed in a closed metal container, i.e. remove the food source.
We wanted to feed the wild birds that hang around our deck, got WBS and just put the bag in a 5 gal. bucket in the mud room, next thing (1 week), mice in the HOUSE!
Animals IMO are pretty much motivated by food and if they smell/see/taste, they're coming. BTW, put the WBS in a 20 gal. trashcan outside under the deck, no mo meeces.

BOL. Would hate to hear you had to rehome your girls.

Food...Hmm thats a good idea. I'll try.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom