What the government didn't tell you about your stimulus payment...

We got what I thought we were going to get - but one of the girls my Mom works with apparently didn't cause Mom called to ask me about mine this morning.

I agree America should take care of America before we take care of other countries.

Worse yet, as sundance so duly noted ~ we have billions of dollars going out to China in ~care package~ form, as well as to many other countries ~ I also think it's a sad day in America when we send money off to other countries for aid and then cannot aid our own ~ true, I doubt any of us live in the abject poverty that some other countries live in, & I wouldn't expect to be ~kept up~ in a specific lifestyle, ( in fact, nothing bothers me more than welfare...... but that's another can of worms altogether...) just because I am an American ~ however, it hurts that our tax dollars, which are supposed to be aiding our own country, end up elsewhere.

I have personally been one of those in the supermarket picking up the piece of meat, and then putting it back down, because I won't use foodstamps, & I don't think more $$ spent on welfare is the answer ~ however, keeping major plants here in AMerica, keeping jobs here ~ in my mind, that would solve a number of ills.

And I am not talking about ousting all the foreigners who come HERE to work, either, because those folks work good, and they work hard. I am talking about major AMERICAN automobile & manufacturing firms that have opted OUT of American workers & have have re-located to other countries, ~ because we expect to be payed more than $10 a week & won't allow our children to work in sweatshops. These huge companies just want to make alliances & line their own pockets, and they are willing to do it on the backs of those who are so destitute that even $10 a week sounds good. Unfortunately, when major disasters occur, and we don't have our own hatches battened down, things like food & gas prices soaring are part & parcel of the deal.
Anyway ~ enough of my rant ~
I love you all ~ have a nice day {;>)=
~Red
big_smile.png

Wish I hadn't looked at that. They can just keep that stupid nothing check. Guess what few cents are left after the DH's truck exhaust is replaced will buy egg cartons so I can sit on the street corner with eggs in a cooler like the little match girl. Please, sir, will you buy my eggs???
hmm.png
Geez. Stimulus? All this is gonna stimulate is my disgust.

Quote:
They did! Shoot, with our countries huge deficit, there was no other way. Pretty sad that the greatest country in the world can't help its own people without the help of another country like China. Where at least half of our jobs went, by the way.
hmm.png

its going to all go back to them anyway!! can't go into any store and buy something that wasnt made in china!!!

Back
Top Bottom