WHAT THE HECK AM I HATCHING?NEW PIC!

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
Hi guys I just posted the thread about being excited that my mallards were hatching. I saved these eggs from being plowed under when I got them there was no adults around. My step dad said he had a mallard nest there, I didn't think to question it

Well, since they are hatching I read up on other peoples Mallard hatching experiences on this site. I noticed some threads mention the mallards egg color. They describe it as blue tinges or light greenish. One post had a pic of a mallard duckling in the process of hatching.

My eggs are not the same color. They are maybe a shade lighter than brown chicken eggs? They are actually pretty dark and I had a hard time candleing them.

Can mallard eggs come in brown?

If not what the heck am I hatching?

Last edited:
How long have they been in your bator?? Maybe once they hatch you can post a pic.
pop.gif

sandyj

About 2 weeks but they are internally pipping now. I didn't know how far along they were so I went to move them to the hatcher today and one peeped at me!

you may want to be careful sharing info regarding this clutch of eggs. if they are migratory fowl, they are protected. it is illegal to harass, move, touch or possess the eggs regardless of the situation.
keeping a nest, feather etc is also illegal.

not being judging etc, just presenting some facts. might want to keep the hatch details to yourself.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom