What the heck have I brought home? ***picture heavy***

I don't worry about them laying or not.  The hens that I have that are laying are producing enough eggs for me and my mom, brother and sister's families.  Though I REALLY want to see what color they will lay.  Gosh I wish it's be blue or green!
They will lay before spring, I would be willing to bet money on it. I've had hens start in November, December and January. January was my busiest egg starting month this year. Pullets aren't affected by day light like older hens are.

They have single combs, so the chances of coloured eggs is 5% or less. I think they are mixes. Possibly with one parent being an EE, and one being a single combed breed.

how are these beauties doing? any new pics?
big_smile.png

None yet, but I should. Molly (the dark one) has turned in to quite a chunky monkey in the last several days. I have been hoping every single day to find an extra egg in the nest! Arrianne is filling out too! Fingers crossed---I know I've said it a million times---BUT I CAN'T WAIT TIL THEY LAY!!!

Wait, is this like a watched pot never boils kinda thing?

Auburn Jav's are pretty rare...so unless she got them specifically from a breeder...
I mean it's POSSIBLE..but I think its more likely they'd be a mix.
Where did you get them?

Auburn Jav's are pretty rare...so unless she got them specifically from a breeder...
I mean it's POSSIBLE..but I think its more likely they'd be a mix.
Where did you get them?
I picked them up at a poultry auction when they were chicks. They were super precious. We were told that they were "Easter Eggers". Obviously, they aren't. Would just love to know what they are since apparently even the farmer who brought them to market doesn't know! LOL

Back
Top Bottom