What The Heck is This??!!

Wait and see. Warmth, quiet,food, water are most important. Can always reapply compress or bathe again later on in a while ifit looks like she could use it. Check for swelling, this is a big sign for infection. If you keep her head covered with the towel she may let you feel her abdomen. Swelling feels like an overly full water balloon. If she struggles, don't force her, just put her back in the kennel.

Okie dokie *thumbs up*

Also, called my vet, shot in the dark that he wouldn't scoff at me, he's a great guy a I should've known he would help <3 So he's giving me 5 doses of Baytril in pill form, they are 5 pound doses each. Figured I would crush them and do it that way. Sound like a plan?

While I don't know about the meds, the rest is ALL GOOD NEWS...one thing since you have her separated that you can now easily monitor would be any poo...that seems to be a way to diagnose a lot of ailments....for example I fed my silly chicks too much SPAGHETTI SQUASH yesterday and yup! Runny poo...

Good idea!!

She didn't mind the hair dryer, actually! I turned it on and let it sit for minute for her to get used to the noise and then just put in on the floor. She didn't mind
smile.png

See, I think you guys are bonding
hugs.gif
gig.gif

lau.gif
that was funny about the hubby!

Just make sure she is warm in the garage, the MHP would be good now...
Yeah I don't have another MHP though :( The chicks are still using the one, may have to order another HP from Prime and get it here ASAP. I don't need to make it domed do I? Just flat so she can sit on it? Guess I never thought about needing it for an adult bird. I have just a regular heating pad under the kennel now, but it shuts off after 2 hours so I have just been kicking it back on, except at night.

Last edited:
Nonono, don't poison them, actually chickens will eat mice too...so you don't want her getting poisoned! That is more likely than nibbling on tiny chicken feets...they would have to get under her feet whike she is on a roost, which she is not...I would try and trap them instead, I know, yucky...but my mother trapped several in HER garage last summer, AND she had a (worthless) cat...and it worked....

Back
Top Bottom