What to do with DOGS

Quote:
Actually Wolfwoman the law frequently only requires that the dog worry the other animals, that for example includes running around their run.

Everyone should note that the law permits you to kill (not wound, nor hit with a bean bag) and that further the discharge of a firearm (if that is the method you choose) must be in accordance with the laws as well.

One of the key points in the law is that if the dog is on your property it makes no difference if the owner is there or not.

Thank you so much for posting this.....
smile.png

Quote:
Actually in most states they don't have to be attacking them.....bothering them and worrying them is enough of a grounds to shoot a stray dog. You don't have to wait until there is a loss before you take action. Here in Texas there is no excuse for anyone or their pets to be on my property and I have the right to use deadly force to clear both out.....but that is Texas.

Quote:
You asked and answered the question.... if you read through other things I wrote here... I did rescue dogs for YEARS..... you know, the dogs no one wants and they get discarded because idiots buy them thinking they are cute little puppies, stuff them in a kennel and go to work all day and never spend any time potty training or behavior training, then dump them on society!!! Well, i use to do that.... fix other's problems.... and i was DARN good at it too if i say so myself... I probably just got burnt out on DOGS coming first... rescue dogs have so many issues usually that they require an enormous amount of attention - as my health failed and my daughters did and i had less time for the dogs, it became clear that my priorities were messed up.... I gave back my last rescue dog about a year and a half ago - she was a neurotic little poodle. But, I gave her back house broken and much less neurotic, and with a list of things she would need to be comfortable - such as a VERY quiet home without a lot of activity - as long as i worked with her, she could not get use to chaos. Whatever happened to her in her little life before made her already nervous nature a wreck.
So, that is about it........ too many needy dogs that were messed up by BAD owners... I chose not to deal with them any longer - and i don't want them in my yard - period... except my neighbor's dog - I like her
smile.png
She never comes all the way onto my property - just looks over at me and I say, "go home" and she wags her way home.... if only they all did that.... you know, you say, "GET" and they do....they don't go over to your propane tanks and PEE on them! or CRAP on your lawn for you to step on...
duc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Legally it is legal to SHOOT anything worrying your livestock... not attacking them - but just to worry them - that is the law - We will most likely use a warning first though - it isn't my nature to kill anything just because it has a stupid owner.... we can warn the stupid owner by sending fido home with a paintball mark on it....

The issue is not that I either hate or love dogs but that they have no RIGHT to be in my fenced property, I have enough problems with coyotes getting in and killing my sheep and goats. When I do find one trespassing I just simply shoot it and grab a shovel- no exceptions at all. I also fail to understand the reasoning of just because one lives in the country that their dogs can just run free. Don't think that I wouldn't hear about it pronto if I just opened the gate and let my livestock run free? I say do what is necessary to protect what is yours on your property. Anyway who wants to be alert for smelly landmines in their yard when they don't even own a dog?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Actually in most states they don't have to be attacking them.....bothering them and worrying them is enough of a grounds to shoot a stray dog. You don't have to wait until there is a loss before you take action. Here in Texas there is no excuse for anyone or their pets to be on my property and I have the right to use deadly force to clear both out.....but that is Texas.

Gotta LOVE Texas!!!! NH use to be more like that, but then we have all the city folk who moved in like 12 years or so ago to "get away from it all" and then they don't like the way it is here and changed things... seriously - I've watched it happen- it is why we moved further NORTH - more like Texas - but really really cold
wink.png

Quote:
THANK YOU!
bow.gif
I love people who understand what i am trying to say here.... it is not about the DOGS, but the enjoyment of MY property.... ENJOYMENT - that is a legal right that most people forfit - and why i don't know. People have the RIGHT to peaceful enjoyment of their property.
I just heard Coyotes for the first time 2 days ago! what an awful sound!!! A man who works for my hubby lives nearby and he and his brother are tracking them, but until i am sure they are gone, my girls won't be out of eyeshot for a second
wink.png

{he paintball gun is a great idea, except we don't have one... Money is TIGHT and unless we are given one, we may get a shot gun - we were going to anyway in case of BEAR or as we were listening to yesterday - a pack of cyotes! that is the first time I've heard those and it was eerie!!}

You really need to do some more research on firearms before doing any shooting! If you try to shoot a bear with a shotgun, well, you are in for the surprise of your life, especially if you can't run! All you will do is tick the bear off, and a wounded bear is a VERY dangerous thing!! Shotguns don't shoot very far, and if you have fibro, they will kick your butt! Even a 20ga. shotgun will hurt you. Unless you are closer to your predator than 30 feet, forget the shotgun. A large caliber rifle would take down a bear, BUT, you had better be very accurate, and make the first bullet the kill bullet!! So, I suggest to you not to play with guns, until and unless, you are taught properly the use of firearms. You could end up doing more harm than good, not only for the chickens, but for your family as well.

Quote:
Well... seeing you DON'T KNOW ME thanks so much for the lecture... i mis-wrote bear ok??? BE NICE.......... or don't you know how? i have been shooting for over 35 years....... So, i've been around a FEW firearms. so sorry to disappoint you.... we have plenty of guns and DO know how to use them.... But thank you for your concern.... How NICE of you....
smack.gif

oh and i didn't say the shotgun was for me did I???? the most i might be able to shoot right now one of our 22 rlfles... the 30-30 is too much - i can't even shoot any of the handguns we have either... i am aware of kick....

Last edited:
Me thinks you are the angry one here. You should've stated you were "knowledgable" about firearms, but your quip about shooting a bear with a shotgun said otherwise. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom