1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What to do with ground chicken?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Sep 23, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    [​IMG]

Usually, I'm pretty savvy at coming up with my own recipes for such things, or I do a search online (or through my many cookbooks) so something to do with what I have. However, I'm leaving it up to you!

Today I have defrosted ground chicken, and NO PLAN! I'm being lazy as I've been feeling kinda weak today, and I have a ton of stuff to can that is already going to keep my mind on. So who has some good recipes they want to share? Maybe some links to things you haven't tried with ground chicken and want me to be the guinea pig? I'm taking all suggestions as my daughter has already shot down 'meat loaf' and we have no bread or buns for burgers. Those suggestions are already thwarted! [​IMG]

Anyways, looking forward to ideas... I have about an hour and half before I have to tackle this. [​IMG]

Thanks!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. Our favorite is easy-peasy.......make it into patties, season to your taste, bread with italian bread crumbs and fry.......delish!!!!

3. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Sausage. Google & I am sure you will find something that will work with what you have on hand.

After you mix in the seasonings it can be a breakfast casserole or use it in spaghetti. Any other reciepe you would put ground sausage.

4. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Hamburger soup. Might be good with ground chicken...

Brown ground meat with an onion, dump in a can or two of tomatoes and a can or two of veg-all (sorry), salt and pepper and simmer until you are ready to eat.

5. jenny_kap

jenny_kap Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Romania
    meat-balls soup, empanadas, fried meat-balls, meat-balls with tomato sauce, ground chicken with tomato sauce with pasta or rice, egg and lemon soup, and so many more.

6. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Chilli in the crockpot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by