What to do with this foot?

I know this past is a little old. Army chance you could give me some guidance on what you've done in this instance? I gave this issue, and a vet it too costly for me. Did you simply use the band and let it fall off?

I don’t think it’s a situation where you can band it to remove, based on the size of the bands. I’m sure @casportpony can give you better advice on how to go about it. Have you considered starting your own newer thread in the emergency and disasters forum? You will probably receive more expert advice and there’s several very knowledgeable duck people who haven’t been tagged in this thread.

I don’t think it’s a situation where you can band it to remove, based on the size of the bands. I’m sure @casportpony can give you better advice on how to go about it. Have you considered starting your own newer thread in the emergency and disasters forum? You will probably receive more expert advice and there’s several very knowledgeable duck people who haven’t been tagged in this thread.

Thank you. I've created a new post. Thus is my first time here for this. I've been reading on here for a year.

Welcome to posting! I wish it was in better circumstances for you, I will follow along and see what I can learn from your experiences with this situation. Until it was mentioned I had never even considered that something like that could be necessary! Best of luck and hoping for a speedy recovery for your drake!

I agree, I don't think banding is the right thing to do, I think it's best just to cut it off. I have pictures of one I did for those that are interested.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...uck-phallus-penis-under-construction.1293789/

Edited to correct typo.

Last edited:
Just to illustrate just how much you've done for this chicken, from first post to most recent:
View attachment 1628333 View attachment 1628335
hello..i was just looking at these pics of the before and after..please tell me what u used on ur chickens legs and feet..i just feel im fighting a loosing battle..i been treating this bantum for wks now..and the scabs are a zillion times worse then the chook u have pictured..i been washing her feet in a epson salt bath putting vasaline on them and twice a wk i put tea tree oil on her legs and feet..i clean her bed and area every day clean hay ect..shes eating and drinking well..seems happy..but cant walk or stand on a perch..she sleeps in a clean nest of hay..and lined with clean news paper..ive sprinkled lime through out her pen..to prevent more mites attacking her..

Back
Top Bottom