What to do??!!!

Pics

Bethel_Alaska

Songster
Apr 28, 2019
Bethel Alaska
Hi there,
I went out this morning to check on our flock and noticed one not doing well hunched over not wanting to come out so I now have her sitting with me inside I have given her electrolytes and probiotics and am kinda making her drink I also scrambled up an egg she ate some of it she is approximately 23 weeks old not laying yet I noticed that she is keeping one eye closed any help or suggestions is so much appreciated this is one of our 5 year old daughters favorite bird and am hopeful she pulls through also any thing I should do for the rest of our flock? We have 10 ladies

That could be plugged, up, worm over load,mite/lice infestation. or an injury. Might even be she's uncomfortable getting ready to lay and doesn't know whats going on.
What is she being fed including treats normally?
Have you given her a thorough external examination?
I feed them Scratch and Peck layer feed meal worms and cracked corn for treats I don’t see mites or lice thank you for your quick response

sounds like some electrolytes could be in order.

how does her crop feel?

you can try a bit of coconut oil or molasses orally that will help if she's plugged up.

or de-worming her, vets sometimes will dispense Valbazen without actually seeing the chicken. Or safe guard in cattle area of the farm animal store would work, but not an expert yet on dosages
@Eggcessive
@Texas Kiki

image.jpg 0A42C2A7-D376-4C57-ADB2-FAAB999388AD.jpeg 637588E0-EFF5-4E64-AFCB-706A5E37E2D3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom