What to use for a chicken run COVER?

Looks great. We did have an extra older HUGE tarp that I just doubled up and placed over both runs. Love the Camo tarp!

What do you think the mesh run was made out of? I bought something similar, and love it, but can not find anymore in the USA since I bought they 2 I currently have.

So how did you connect over the top and did you use regular chicken coop wire? We have a dozen chickens and have been building weekend warrior style! If we can get this done, all we have left is to connect our solar electric pulse fence to the side portions where predators may climb and poor concrete around the base of the coop from the outside. Thanks in advance for your reply! :) We have 11 hens and 1 roo.

So how did you connect over the top and did you use regular chicken coop wire? We have a dozen chickens and have been building weekend warrior style! If we can get this done, all we have left is to connect our solar electric pulse fence to the side portions where predators may climb and poor concrete around the base of the coop from the outside. Thanks in advance for your reply! :) We have 11 hens and 1 roo.
We used zip ties

Pvc pipe regular sch 40 mentined wont last too long. The sun will make it brittle and it will break or crack... my experiece in a unit I made I kept on my deck
now that gray exterior electrical pipe might hold up a liitle longer...
we used metal conduit for extra support in the welded wire dog kennel coop then attached 1 inch poultry wire...
unfortunately used 2 inch chicken wire roof run in the bigger run.. dang wild birds get thru that....I should have ordered 1 inch wire . bought it on 150 rolls special ordered....
BUT last year with those snow thank goodnes didn't collape....
just a saying

I'm looking for the same; the pic and chain link whatcha McCall it and instructions and item list Mayby?

I have 2 10x10 chainlink dog kennels. Over both of them is heavy-duty woven (not welded, which is less strong) 2x2 fencing, which is wired on securely.

You can see the overlapping wire here.

19926_pen_with_cooper2.jpg

Over that, on one of the runs, is a pitched roof made of tarp (sold for 10x10 kennels).

19926_pen_done3.jpg
I have been toying with the dog run idea for a while, but how did you deal with the popdoor through the fence? That is what has stalled me.

I have been toying with the dog run idea for a while, but how did you deal with the popdoor through the fence? That is what has stalled me.
That haven't been around for a long time...but it looks like the pop door in the coop does not go thru any chain link fencing. Look closely at the second pic.

That haven't been around for a long time...but it looks like the pop door in the coop does not go thru any chain link fencing. Look closely at the second pic.
It was the second photo that prompted my question. The door into the run is in front of the coop, the tall coop door at a 90 angle to it. The ramp from the chicken door, in my case a pop door goes into a part of the run that is chain link fence.

It was the second photo that prompted my question. The door into the run is in front of the coop, the tall coop door at a 90 angle to it. The ramp from the chicken door, in my case a pop door goes into a part of the run that is chain link fence.
It looks to me like the chain link goes up to the edges of the coop and not along the wall.

Back
Top Bottom