What treat did your chickies get today?

My hens are enjoying some raw milk from the farm I work on that sat in the fridge a little to long. They are drinking it and eating the parts that are congealed. So funny that chickens love milk! They will also get a few rotten tomatoes and some kale today.

My Turkeys got to go outside. All 11 of them. They decided to Gobble gobble gobble at the tractor.
gig.gif

Today the chickens got fish, bean sprouts, rice, and the ducks got their greens. I let the turkeys forage through the weed grass growing in my mom's garden, it's nice that they focus on the darn grass instead of the eggplants and melons.

Our chickens got yogurt and red seedless grapes for their breakfast treat--it was so funny to see them play soccer with the grapes! And dried mealworms for their "after school" treat. And today they gave us a treat, too...our first eggs...TWO of them!!

Leftovers-- chow mein noodles, steamed brocolli, carrots, cauliflower, a little mashed potatoes with yogurt and mash added, some bits of steak fat... And there were a bunch of flies on the ground so about 40 flies....

I offered the girls the bottom of my softserve cone. They fought over the cone, but didn't seem to care for the icemilk. They scraped their beaks all over the patio like they had something toxic stuck to them.

hmm.png

I got a recipe (and now cant' find the original post! not sure if it was here or somewhere else,,THANK YOU if it was here!)
for a 'block' type treat, I rather modified it with what I had, using crumbles, oats, fine cracked corn, apple oatmeal, mixed fruited bird seed bind with egg and molasses and cooked up in blocks.

Mine got their first taste of it today and it was a HUGE hit

Back
Top Bottom