What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. jak2002003

jak2002003 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    Mine got the left over seed form my small bird aviary. All the seeds my finches and other birds hate my chickens love?!

They also got some cucumber and a couple of dragon fruits that I had in the fridge too long.

2. mrsc1951

mrsc1951 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Largo, Florida
    My girls got plums, peaches and fresh corn today. The fruit was just a bit too ripe for my taste but they ate it right up. As an afternoon/evening treat they got some fresh corn and cheese - just the way they like it.

3. Mtn Laurel

Mtn Laurel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    My Coop
    They got some over-ripe tomato's from the garden and a handful of BOSS. Yesterday they had a snake but they scratched that up on their own - I sure didn't give it to them!

4. thehickchick

thehickchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2012
    Try un cooked hotdog weenies.....they love em...my turkey does tricks for them :)

5. Egg Lover

Egg Lover Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2012
    SW Lower Michigan
    That's the weirdest thing, our chickens absolutely LOVE tomatoes! And earwigs, we've made a trap to attract earwigs for the girls each morning. It's hilarious, they go wild !

6. forte22

forte22 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2011
    Indiana Corn!!

7. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    Yesterday I tried strawberries and later on, some cooked carrots. They didn't like either one :( So, reckon I'll just keep the berries for us and the carrots will go to the dogs. Oh, tried potato peels too (no green)...that went over like a lead balloon. They do seem to love the dandelions, which is a good thing! Think I'll hit the market in a bit and see if I can scrounge some cuttings for them. Also, have a couple ears of corn in the fridge that are getting a little dried out for my taste. Think I'll toss them in and see what they do.

8. SouthernAlberta

SouthernAlberta Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Canada - Garden Zone 3
    Leftover ground turkey with white kidney beans was a hit.

I cleaned out the pantry and mixed up a bucket of treats: steel cut oats, bran, three grain porridge, Cream of Wheat, and bit of instant tapioca. In the fall I could probably cook it and serve it warm.

9. Just reebok

Just reebok Chillin' With My Peeps

Just bought some dried mealworms!!! I can't wait to get home and spoil my poor, solo chicken. I will be so happy when the babies get here on Tuesday!

10. SouthernAlberta

SouthernAlberta Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Canada - Garden Zone 3
    The girls get our veggie scraps everyday. They definitely do not like red bell peppers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by