What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. BGinVA

BGinVA Chillin' With My Peeps

My 3 year old shared a piece of pizza with out 6 week old chicks. She'd take a bite and throw a bite to them and watch them run around and chase each other, it was cute.

2. mcgillagorilla

mcgillagorilla Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Mine love cat food - ick

3. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    My Coop
    french cut green beans they hated them lol

4. Feanor

Feanor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2012
    Mississippi
    I found out that Indian Mealworms had gotten into my grains [​IMG] so chickens got to eat a couple of pounds of boiled rice and chick peas and pinto beans! But--of course--I didn't add enough water when cooking my five gallons of rice and chickpeas, so they burnt on the bottom. Did that bother the girls? Heck no! My whole house smelled like a trash incinerator for days but my hens gobbled up every bit of sulphur-smelling rice and peas before the mass could hit the ground!

5. SouthernAlberta

SouthernAlberta Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Canada - Garden Zone 3
    You can't feed the mealworms to your chickens?

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I cleaned out the freezer today, so my chickens got an unusual mix of pepperoni, venison, mozzarella cheese and egg rolls. I put it through the food processor to make smaller bites.

7. OnceAroundTheBlock

OnceAroundTheBlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Western North Carolina
    Ummmm, found out today that my chickens hate okra (my neighbor gave me some).........I hate it too![​IMG]

8. gambit2178

gambit2178 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    CALI
    Let's see mid-day snack i fed them hard boiled egg with garlic and plain yogurt. Then a platter of grapes, romaine lettuce, blueberries, cucumber and watermelon. And at dinner time they had oatmeal mixed with cheese and garlic. They see a treat and act as if I never feed them.

9. Izzymoon

Izzymoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    My Coop
    peaches!! Mine had peaches, they love love love peaches

10. NobscotFarmer

NobscotFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2012
    Sudbury, MA
    My spoiled brats got Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. We had an old box lying around and we decided to cook it up for them. They LOVED it!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by