What treat did your chickies get today?

Just BOSS
1f914.png
, temp dropped down to 8*F last night, I decided to close the pop door and 4 Windows to keep the coop in 20s.

It was 20 F here this morning, so they came out wanting a bit of cracked corn, which I obliged. Then they got carrot peelings, zuchinni, apple and kale. DH just went out for their evening fling of a little oatmeal and boss.

Cucumber and warm chicken noodle soup
hide.gif
Those chick-fil-a cows are cheering!
gig.gif

I hung a cabbage out there, which they love… and apparently they got a mouse, though they didn't eat him, just killed him.
hmm.png
What! Guess they were waiting on chicken soup with steak on the side
tongue.png

This morning they got a tiny bit of leftover steak, part of a pear, and some cooked green beans. This evening they got their usual mealworms, sunflower seeds, and a little cracked corn, right before bed.
Chick-fil-a chickens revenge breakfast
big_smile.png

I'm going to stop with the treats for a few days. My BR has some soft poop, which she gets from time to time. So no treats for a while, except maybe some mealworms right before bed. Poor chicken - she is really healthy otherwise, but this soft poop business is no good. She's got kind of a gross rear end. Going to have to bring her in and give her a butt bath -- again.

I'm going to stop with the treats for a few days. My BR has some soft poop, which she gets from time to time. So no treats for a while, except maybe some mealworms right before bed. Poor chicken - she is really healthy otherwise, but this soft poop business is no good. She's got kind of a gross rear end. Going to have to bring her in and give her a butt bath -- again.

I was having this issue this past spring/summer. My Polish always had a messy butt. I used to give them one or more treats daily, now I only give a treat every few days and she has been much cleaner. Melons, cucumbers, and foods with high water content often cause loose stool.

Back
Top Bottom