What treat did your chickies get today?

Mine had a frog yesterday. I saw a chicken running with something in it's mouth and another one was chasing it. When they got closer I saw that it was a frog. Some others joined the game of catch the chicken with the frog as they ran back and forth across the yard.

I held out a very ripe pear for them yesterday. They LOVED it. They took turns pecking at it and eating the little bits. They didn't tear it out of my hand like I thought they would. Just carefully picked at it. It was their FIRST pear.

Bread again. I''ve given mine left over popped popcorn, they usually tear it up pretty good eating it, have never noticed them having a problem with it. Think main reason it is on some no feed lists is that it tends to be really high in salt.

I held out a very ripe pear for them yesterday. They LOVED it. They took turns pecking at it and eating the little bits. They didn't tear it out of my hand like I thought they would. Just carefully picked at it. It was their FIRST pear.

They will mug you for the second one.
tongue.png

Today was a game of grape keep away in the babies coop. I could put all of the grapes in at once, but it's much more fun to put in a few at a time and watch.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom