What treat did your chickies get today?

I gave the girls some green peas, i thought they were really enjoying them at first yet I noticed they did'nt eat all of them and it was only a cup of them.

I gave my girls a package of mixed veggies once. They ate the corn first. A few minutes later I went out and the carrots were gone. A while later I went out to pick up the bowls. The bowls were empty, but the peas were scattered all over the ground. I can't blame them - I don't like peas, either!

I found a package of craisins I bought for our bunnies, but they didn't like them. I put them up and forgot all about them. So today I gave them to the chickens and they went nuts over them! Also picked a bunch of grass and clover for them and since dh was loading the semi with corn, I got some of that for them.

Some grapes, cooked rice and tomato. Loved it.

I do get confused sometimes as people feed there birds foods that I thought were toxic to them. I try and go by the list in the learning center. It's hard to know what to do for the best sometimes. My girls seem to be OK on what they have had so far so I suppose that's what matters!

Chicken livers this afternoon and grass this evening. Man, they LOVE grass clippings. No idea why.
hu.gif

Mine got hard boiled eggs and some grass and weeds I pulled for them. Even though they can graze on the grass in their pen, they love to be handfed stuff I pull up for them. Spoiled birds >.>

I go to a great juicebar that gives me the flat of wheatgrass after they've used the blades for juice.... the girls absolutely love love love this treat!

Mine got their treat on accident. I was out changing their feed and water getting them ready for "bed" (they are out in my shop for now till the coop gets finished) and a June bug flew into the pen. At first they wanted nothing to do with it and didn't want it touching them. Then one grabbed it before I could and then it was was "keep away" and "take away". Thank goodness I got them some grit. At 3-4 weeks old them things are to fast for me...can only imagine how its gonna be when they get much older.

Back
Top Bottom