What turkey breeds do you recommend?

I absolutely love my royal palms and they are the only ones I have some experience with. They are about 4months old right now.
They follow me everywhere and are happy to eat from my hands.
My males are pretty nosy. Always wanting to see what I’m doing.
My male Beep-beep eating no-see-ums off my clothes.
80A122CC-158D-4251-914A-3266C6B10B50.jpeg

My only hen, Jenny. She acts shy, but once I pick her up she will snuggle and fall asleep.
273B1840-D731-4576-B841-2B6C042B0BB9.jpeg

And lastly a picture of the boys strutting. I think they look pretty striking. Even though they were not my top pick. My husband chose them, and I’m glad he did😊
7D4B5526-CAB5-4621-AAE9-67DA7CCF8E60.jpeg

Im very fond of them. Next year I’ll add more females. I wasn’t ment to only have three turkeys, but it was all the hatchery sent.

I absolutely love my royal palms and they are the only ones I have some experience with. They are about 4months old right now.
They follow me everywhere and are happy to eat from my hands.
My males are pretty nosy. Always wanting to see what I’m doing.
My male Beep-beep eating no-see-ums off my clothes. View attachment 2408386
My only hen, Jenny. She acts shy, but once I pick her up she will snuggle and fall asleep. View attachment 2408387
And lastly a picture of the boys strutting. I think they look pretty striking. Even though they were not my top pick. My husband chose them, and I’m glad he did😊 View attachment 2408385
Im very fond of them. Next year I’ll add more females. I wasn’t ment to only have three turkeys, but it was all the hatchery sent.
Your turkeys at beautiful!

Does anybody know how good of quality Porter's Rare Heritage Turkeys are?
I was happy with the Self Blue Slates that I got from him. I used the Self Blue tom over my Blue Slate hens to produce 50% Blue Slate and 50% Self Blue. The last young tom that I sold was shown by a young girl at the Wyoming State Fair and took Grand Champion Turkey.

I am happy with the Sweetgrass I got from his hatching eggs.
full

The front one is from Porter's hatching eggs, the one in the back is his son.

Of course, Sweetgrass are not an APA recognized variety.

I was happy with the Self Blue Slates that I got from him. I used the Self Blue tom over my Blue Slate hens to produce 50% Blue Slate and 50% Self Blue. The last young tom that I sold was shown by a young girl at the Wyoming State Fair and took Grand Champion Turkey.

I am happy with the Sweetgrass I got from his hatching eggs.
full

The front one is from Porter's hatching eggs, the one in the back is his son.

Of course, Sweetgrass are not an APA recognized variety.
:eek: Your toms are stunning! Thank you for the info, I'm glad to hear they are nice quality!

Back
Top Bottom