What was your free mystery chick from Murray Mcmurray hatchery??

Pics
I managed to snap a couple pictures of my partridge rock in the brooder. Don't mind the other birds in there. Hope this helps a little. Mine is supposed to be a roo and they are 3 weeks old today.

Oh and his name is RJ
smile.png

I managed to snap a couple pictures of my partridge rock in the brooder. Don't mind the other birds in there. Hope this helps a little. Mine is supposed to be a roo and they are 3 weeks old today. Oh and his name is RJ :)
Thank you. The face looks more like the first one. I will probably be renaming someone this morning lol. Rj is definitely a male. My brood is 2 weeks old today. Now I have to figure out what the other one is. The crazy part is McMurray has kind of thrown me off, by shorting me an Australorp. The free birds that were labeled on the slip died. There were a few others that they shipped with my order that I did not order, and we're not on the slip. This has made identifying my chicks a nightmare.

This is the one that we have been calling Roxy.

She looks a lot like our Speckled Sussex chicks. I cannot see her back, but she has the same white tummy. On top, ours look like chipmunks. The two breeds look similar but the sussex has white/golden tummy, and the partridge is brown. I think your partridge rock is correct. We have both kinds in the brooder.

She looks a lot like our Speckled Sussex chicks. I cannot see her back, but she has the same white tummy. On top, ours look like chipmunks. The two breeds look similar but the sussex has white/golden tummy, and the partridge is brown. I think your partridge rock is correct. We have both kinds in the brooder.
Ugh! Blast you McMurray! This is so complicated because they gave me 2 of these. She looks exactly like the Rose Comb Brown Leghorn Chick. I was suppose to only have one of those and 3 Speckled Sussex. But because we only go 2 Speckled Sussex we may have one Rose Comb and we could possibly be calling it something else. I am even more confused now. I just wish that they could have just given me what I ordered. I checked the box for no substitutes. Everything that I ordered three of they gave me two and replaced one with something else.

Ugh! Blast you McMurray! This is so complicated because they gave me 2 of these. She looks exactly like the Rose Comb Brown Leghorn Chick. I was suppose to only have one of those and 3 Speckled Sussex. But because we only go 2 Speckled Sussex we may have one Rose Comb and we could possibly be calling it something else. I am even more confused now. I just wish that they could have just given me what I ordered. I checked the box for no substitutes. Everything that I ordered three of they gave me two and replaced one with something else.
How frustrating! Why are the extra ones not marked on the box? Our extra ones were and then the free rare chick. I don't understand unless they were short chicks or something which I doubt. Have you called them or looked your order up on line to see if they changed things on your order?

How frustrating!  Why are the extra ones not marked on the box?  Our extra ones were and then the free rare chick.  I don't understand unless they were short chicks or something which I doubt.  Have you called them or looked your order up on line to see if they changed things on your order?
They labeled two of the free ones, but we were missing some that stood out to use because we know the breeds. We got a few new birds and they gave us some birds in place of the missing ones. I think they thought that we would not catch it, or something.

We got our two orders yesterday. One of the free exotic chicks is a Buff Cochin and I'm not sure about the other, honestly! There are so many that look alike I haven't been able to distinguish the breeds yet.

I had to research SS to identify mine. I got Welsummers in my order, so that made it really hard. Anyway, I got the brown leghorns in my last order and they had yellow legs. The SS have pink/white legs. I hope this helps! Also, my SS was really BROWN. If I'm recalling correctly, the leghorns had a more reddish tone to them.

The one in the back, left is the SS here.

Here you can see their leg color better I hope.

These are Brown Leghorns:

It's a terrible pic, but you see they have yellow legs and their belly color is more reddish than white.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom