What will SLW roo babies look like

Bearsdenfarm

Hatching
Feb 14, 2023
I am just wondering what these babies will look like? Dad is a Silver laced Wyandotte, eggs hatched from a gold laced Wyandotte and a blue laced red Wyandotte. Who will they resemble?

Attachments

• 3A9848A5-E62F-421A-B7F1-61BC08F598DB.jpeg
    3A9848A5-E62F-421A-B7F1-61BC08F598DB.jpeg
    764.7 KB · Views: 7
I think with the chicks from the gold laced hen the female chicks should be silver laced like the rooster and the males lacing will be an off coloured silver mixed with gold.

With the other hen the female chicks should be blue and silver laced and the males should show some gold/brassieres through the blue

I’m not 100% sure though

I've never hatched from that pairing so I'm also guessing some but silver is dominant over gold. With the Gold Laced hen I'd expect the chicks to look like Dad. With the Blue Laced Red I'd expect half to look like Dad and the other half to look like Dad but with blue where he is black.

That Blue should be from the B/B/S gene. If both genes at that gene pair are the B/B/S gene you get Splash. If none are the B/B/S you default to black. If only one of the two genes at that pair are B/B/S you get a Blue. Since your Blue Laced Red is Blue, she only has one of those genes to pass down so about half her chicks will get it and half won't.

If it were turned around to where the rooster was the Red Laced and the hens were Silver, you would get red sex linked chicks. But that is not what you have.

I've never hatched from that pairing so I'm also guessing some but silver is dominant over gold. With the Gold Laced hen I'd expect the chicks to look like Dad. With the Blue Laced Red I'd expect half to look like Dad and the other half to look like Dad but with blue where he is black.

That Blue should be from the B/B/S gene. If both genes at that gene pair are the B/B/S gene you get Splash. If none are the B/B/S you default to black. If only one of the two genes at that pair are B/B/S you get a Blue. Since your Blue Laced Red is Blue, she only has one of those genes to pass down so about half her chicks will get it and half won't.

If it were turned around to where the rooster was the Red Laced and the hens were Silver, you would get red sex linked chicks. But that is not what you have.
Wow! Thank you! I can’t wait to see what these babies grow up to look like!

Back
Top Bottom