I will probably hatch. I really only want to try and hatch eggs from my own NN's or Frizzles. But we will see. I get to have chickens as long as we have a dog. He is 12.

My 2 easter eggers, Parsley and Rosemary both have big combs :D They're both cream legbar based easter eggers rather than ameraucana based easter eggers
My 2 easter eggers, Parsley and Rosemary both have big combs :D They're both cream legbar based easter eggers rather than ameraucana based easter eggers
Lol I ment muffles ( cheek fluff ) :he

Eek! I think I'm adding 1 more breed to that list, Meyer's has something called the lakeside egger which can have muffs, beards AND crests, they're supposed to lay blue eggs too! They should leave me with an even balance of green and blue layers, and how can you go wrong with another easter egger? :D

I've already ordered more white Chanties, and EEs from Cackle, for May delivery. Last winter it was impossible to get the chicks we wanted at the same time, ordering in January.
Also hope to hatch some of our own, Chanties and bantam EEs.
Mary

Eeeeep!! I'm waiting and waiting for Mt. Healthy to start taking orders for 2024.

My plan, which has changed multiple times, is to order:

2 x Isbar
1x Welbar
1x Noir Marans
1x Blue Rock
2 x Cream Legbar
1 x Olive Egger

I can't wait for that rainbow egg basket! 😍

Eek! I think I'm adding 1 more breed to that list, Meyer's has something called the lakeside egger which can have muffs, beards AND crests, they're supposed to lay blue eggs too! They should leave me with an even balance of green and blue layers, and how can you go wrong with another easter egger? :D
So cool. Give an a update when you get them! ( everyone)

Naked necks, frizzles, phoenix, sultan, and blue andalusian, all pullets. And also show quality BCM, of which I will keep one roo and all of the hens. Also hatch some of my own bantam cochins, and eggs from my mixed flock.

I am going to add the Lakeside Eggers from Meyers too. I had last year 2 roosters of them and they were pretty. Unfortunately the wrong sex.

Edit: Getting 1 day old chicks of Easter Egger, Lakeside Egger, Speckled Sussex and the Egyptian breed. Also ordered a small flock of Gold Deathlayers and hope to be able to breed them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom