I am going to add the Lakeside Eggers from Meyers too. I had last year 2 roosters of them and they were pretty. Unfortunately the wrong sex.

Edit: Getting 1 day old chicks of Easter Egger, Lakeside Egger, Speckled Sussex and the Egyptian breed. Also ordered a small flock of Gold Deathlayers and hope to be able to breed them.
Wow! Sounds cool! Show us pictures when you get them! 😄

So cool. Give an a update when you get them! ( everyone)

Wow! Sounds cool! Show us pictures when you get them! 😄
Hatch date is 3/25/24 and I should receive them a day later. Hope you can wait so long.
I had last year a shipment of day old bargain from them where the lakeside Egger were in. I was hoping they will be pullets to have some blue eggs.
Hope this year is the charm.

Hatch date is 3/25/24 and I should receive them a day later. Hope you can wait so long.
I had last year a shipment of day old bargain from them where the lakeside Egger were in. I was hoping they will be pullets to have some blue eggs.
Hope this year is the charm.
I can! My chicks ( Cochin, Orpington, Wyandotte, Favorolle ) will arrive on 05/24/24! So yes, I can wait :D

So I did end up ordering from Meyer and I wound up getting
3 easter eggers
3 lakeside eggers
2 buff orpingtons
Unfortunately one of the buff orpingtons passed a few days after getting them from shipping stress, but the remaining 7 are 3 weeks old and doing very well! The lakeside eggers are probably the most active of the bunch and have amazing foraging instincts. I was worried that they'd be flighty but so far they seem to be quite friendly. The first bird to perch on me was Basil followed shortly thereafter by Lavender. The easter eggers from Meyers seem to be less skittish than the ones I got from tractor supply last year (Rosemary and Thyme were friendly but Sage was very skittish and Parsley was somewhat skittish as a chick although now she's a bit ornery). One of them, Ginger, is probably my most skittish bird, but I can still pet her. Ginkgo is one of my chillest birds and she's big and extremely fluffy. Even when she was days old she would sit and calmly watch me and never really minded me messing around the brooder. My lone buff orpington Juniper is the moat docile of the bunch, which sometimes leaves her getting jostled around a bit. None of them pick on her mind you, they - particularly the lakeside eggers - are just so much more active that they inadvertently bump into her sometimes. She does her best to keep up with them though. I think she'll be just fine though, despite the differences in activity level, they all get along well and anticipate putting them outside full time within the next week or 2

Random cuteness pics... What I added this year:
French Blue Marans(needs a name), Blue Color Pak layer (Tupak), Lavender Wyandotte (Lilikoi), Speckled Sussex (Snoop):love

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

So I did end up ordering from Meyer and I wound up getting
3 easter eggers
3 lakeside eggers
2 buff orpingtons
Unfortunately one of the buff orpingtons passed a few days after getting them from shipping stress, but the remaining 7 are 3 weeks old and doing very well! The lakeside eggers are probably the most active of the bunch and have amazing foraging instincts. I was worried that they'd be flighty but so far they seem to be quite friendly. The first bird to perch on me was Basil followed shortly thereafter by Lavender. The easter eggers from Meyers seem to be less skittish than the ones I got from tractor supply last year (Rosemary and Thyme were friendly but Sage was very skittish and Parsley was somewhat skittish as a chick although now she's a bit ornery). One of them, Ginger, is probably my most skittish bird, but I can still pet her. Ginkgo is one of my chillest birds and she's big and extremely fluffy. Even when she was days old she would sit and calmly watch me and never really minded me messing around the brooder. My lone buff orpington Juniper is the moat docile of the bunch, which sometimes leaves her getting jostled around a bit. None of them pick on her mind you, they - particularly the lakeside eggers - are just so much more active that they inadvertently bump into her sometimes. She does her best to keep up with them though. I think she'll be just fine though, despite the differences in activity level, they all get along well and anticipate putting them outside full time within the next week or 2
Sorry for your loss, the others seem to be doing well though! ♥️

We got Americicans- Easter Eggers! And Buff Brahmas, my husband's been after the BB for a year now and while yes I know we could order, we tend to get local due to our location.

Only issue is we now are upgrading their run, a project I am stressing about and completely overwhelmed with lol

Attachments

• PXL_20240324_233049758.jpg
    PXL_20240324_233049758.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240324_232802648.jpg
    PXL_20240324_232802648.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240324_232650859.jpg
    PXL_20240324_232650859.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20240324_232544937.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240324_232544937.MP.jpg