I'm hopefully getting some silver penciled bantam cochins. Other than that, I'm planning to hatch a lot of eggs from my own birds.
Wow! Those sound so pretty! I’ll have too look them up
I’m hoping to breed my own silkies and sell them, maybe even breed silkies to my Australorps and hopefully get big silkies? 🤞

Wow! Those sound so pretty! I’ll have too look them up
Yes, I think they're very pretty.
I’m hoping to breed my own silkies and sell them, maybe even breed silkies to my Australorps and hopefully get big silkies? 🤞
Silkies are great! Most of my birds are silkies. I'm trying to breed them to the SOP.
You could definitely try to breed larger silkies. I think there were multiple threads on here about breeding big silkies. It would take at least a few generations though, since silked feathers are recessive. It also depends on how closely you want them to fit the standard for silkies.

Yes, I think they're very pretty.

Silkies are great! Most of my birds are silkies. I'm trying to breed them to the SOP.
You could definitely try to breed larger silkies. I think there were multiple threads on here about breeding big silkies. It would take at least a few generations though, since silked feathers are recessive. It also depends on how closely you want them to fit the standard for silkies.
Totally. I’m trying to breed some Australorps to the SOP!

I am getting green queens and black ameraucanas. I enjoyed my nonpurebred ameraucanas a lot more than I though - even though Thyme is still not laying lol. it's OK, she's very cute and sweet and that more than makes up for it - and I want to add a few more to my flock. I want a few green queens as I hear they're crossed with faverolles but do a bit better in the heat than faverolles which is important as it does get very hot and humid here. Despite the heat, I can't resist bearded birds now that I've owned some (Thyme has a beard that'd make a mountain man proud) xD

I am getting green queens and black ameraucanas. I enjoyed my nonpurebred ameraucanas a lot more than I though - even though Thyme is still not laying lol. it's OK, she's very cute and sweet and that more than makes up for it - and I want to add a few more to my flock. I want a few green queens as I hear they're crossed with faverolles but do a bit better in the heat than faverolles which is important as it does get very hot and humid here. Despite the heat, I can't resist bearded birds now that I've owned some (Thyme has a beard that'd make a mountain man proud) xD
Wow! Sounds cool, I have a Easter egger who has a giant comb

Back
Top Bottom