What's you plan for 2024 chicks!

I ordered some easter eggers from Meyer for spring. Still debating whether to switch my order to bantam easter eggers. Bantams are smaller, so I can keep MOAR, but the chicks are more expensive. If anyone has experience with bantam EEs, please help me justify the price :D
Are you in the US? I know a breeder doing self blue Ameraucana bantams, they are CUTE!!!!! They sell hatching eggs, I can pm you the info if you'd like, they should be getting accepted into the ABA this year!

I'm likely going to get some, they lay the most beautiful little blue eggs like a robbin 🥰

Last edited:
I’ll be starting incubating in about 2 weeks. I had a good average last year so I’m going to try it again this year. I hope my Rooster is not to young he will be a year old March can anyone shed some light on this? I’ve never used a Rooster this young before any help is welcome. Thanks
I hatched some eggs fertilized by an 8 mo old cockerel. As long as he's doing his part and the eggs are fertile there won't be an issue.

Ah! Oh my gosh, that's so exciting! I'm so glad you liked them so much! Best of luck! I really want to get a pair of my own one day! As for my plans, I'll be following in your footsteps, with hopefully a LOT of serama babies. 2024 will be the year of serama here (and a month of Tsouloufati)! I'm planning my first batch for Easter!
I love everything about the Ko Shamo breed. I only hope that I’ll be able to find hatching eggs in the Spring. I’ve been avoiding checking availability, because I know I’d want to buy the eggs now… but, it’s winter. Currently, my 2 oldest girls (9 yr Australorp and 9 yr EE) are wintering in the heated outer room of my quail building, and that’s where I’d brood them during winter. I’m really excited, fluffy! I must have some Ko Shamo! They’re so beautiful. AND… you mentioned Serama chicks!!!! I can hardly wait to see what Lady Gaga’s babies are going to look like! Between you and me, there’s more Serama chicks in my future too! Hehehehe… ❤️ I HAVE to contribute to the YEAR OF THE SERAMA! Hmmm…. Tsouloufati are quite attractive too. 😃

I love everything about the Ko Shamo breed. I only hope that I’ll be able to find hatching eggs in the Spring. I’ve been avoiding checking availability, because I know I’d want to buy the eggs now… but, it’s winter. Currently, my 2 oldest girls (9 yr Australorp and 9 yr EE) are wintering in the heated outer room of my quail building, and that’s where I’d brood them during winter. I’m really excited, fluffy! I must have some Ko Shamo! They’re so beautiful. AND… you mentioned Serama chicks!!!! I can hardly wait to see what Lady Gaga’s babies are going to look like! Between you and me, there’s more Serama chicks in my future too! Hehehehe… ❤️ I HAVE to contribute to the YEAR OF THE SERAMA! Hmmm…. Tsouloufati are quite attractive too. 😃

Again, good luck! I have a feeling they're going to be absolutely amazing for you! Yay, some serama hatches as well! They are the best, after all! Yes, planning on quite a few chicks, 20-30 to be exact! Lady Gaga has already fathered some birds, but they are not pure. His offspring are promising, showing quite an upright stance despite their mix. I just need a couple more Tsouloufates, not as many as the serama, not anything close to that. Just enough to keep the egg numbers up, and to give me some freedom to be more selective in my breeding choices

Again, good luck! I have a feeling they're going to be absolutely amazing for you! Yay, some serama hatches as well! They are the best, after all! Yes, planning on quite a few chicks, 20-30 to be exact! Lady Gaga has already fathered some birds, but they are not pure. His offspring are promising, showing quite an upright stance despite their mix. I just need a couple more Tsouloufates, not as many as the serama, not anything close to that. Just enough to keep the egg numbers up, and to give me some freedom to be more selective in my breeding choices
Thank you! You’ve got an exciting plan for this year! Even though Lady Gaga’s chicks aren’t pure Serama, I’m sure they’re beautiful. ❤️ Some of my Serama hybrids are unusual and very pretty. You might’ve seen my little pullet, Evvie. She’s Serama/Mille Fleur d’Uccle, and she’s quite unusual.
IMG_2205.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, they are already quite pretty! Here is one of them, the only one that I have taken a close up shot of
20231227_142128.jpg
. He is the youngest boy on the property, and he has already fathered more babies than all others combined. Lady Gaga was 6 months old when his chicks were born, I would not worry about fertility. I have seen Evvie before, she's GORGEOUS!

Yes, they are already quite pretty! Here is one of them, the only one that I have taken a close up shot ofView attachment 3719458. He is the youngest boy on the property, and he has already fathered more babies than all others combined. Lady Gaga was 6 months old when his chicks were born, I would not worry about fertility. I have seen Evvie before, she's GORGEOUS!
Thank you! Evvie is beginning to look more like her Fleur mother, Ruby. The dominant black color is definitely from Serama father, Puddle. I was apprehensive about pairing the 2, but I really wanted to find out what the combination would produce. Your hybrid chick of Gaga’s is BEAUTIFUL ❤️. I think I see some feathers in those legs too. 😊 And, that face is really sweet. One of my December hatches has one of those especially sweet faces, and she/he is the friendliest too. (Wheaten Serama/Porcelain d’Anvers) She/he looks Serama in all respects except for the dark skin and what appears to be a teeny rose comb forming. I do think I’m finished with cross-breeding for quite awhile. It’ll be all about true-breeding this year.

Hatching Ayam Camani I have them in the incubator now due in about 12 days. I wanted to start now so I can have them laying by summer. I also have 4 that I hatched 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_201354038.jpg
    IMG_20231225_201354038.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231225_201318375.jpg
    IMG_20231225_201318375.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20231225_201133091.jpg
    IMG_20231225_201133091.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20231225_200853669.jpg
    IMG_20231225_200853669.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20231225_200833468.jpg
    IMG_20231225_200833468.jpg
    740.8 KB · Views: 5
Thank you! Evvie is beginning to look more like her Fleur mother, Ruby. The dominant black color is definitely from Serama father, Puddle. I was apprehensive about pairing the 2, but I really wanted to find out what the combination would produce. Your hybrid chick of Gaga’s is BEAUTIFUL ❤️. I think I see some feathers in those legs too. 😊 And, that face is really sweet. One of my December hatches has one of those especially sweet faces, and she/he is the friendliest too. (Wheaten Serama/Porcelain d’Anvers) She/he looks Serama in all respects except for the dark skin and what appears to be a teeny rose comb forming. I do think I’m finished with cross-breeding for quite awhile. It’ll be all about true-breeding this year.

Keep us updated on your beautiful birds, maybe even creating your own thread about them! Yes, this little chick has feathered shanks, which is very interesting genetically. It'll be a year of pure breeding for me as well! I'm not really interested in breeding mixes, and I can't place them as easily

Back
Top Bottom