What's you plan for 2024 chicks!

When they go in their coop at night, they splash the water everywhere in the coop and I am afraid that they are going to rot the coop floor out of the chicken coop! Then it freezes and they chickens get hurt jumping down from the roost - I probably have a dozen chickens limping right now!
My ducks seemed to have better manners then yours. Though my ducks did make a mess a few times, near the end.

Naked necks, frizzles, phoenix, sultan, and blue andalusian, all pullets. And also show quality BCM, of which I will keep one roo and all of the hens. Also hatch some of my own bantam cochins, and eggs from my mixed flock. I also want to buy either ayam cemani eggs or indio gigante eggs. I will be hatching from my turkeys, will sell hens and butcher toms. I will also buy cornish x chicks and jumbo pekin ducklings. Might get some ducks to keep, too.

We are adding a flock of Gold Deathlayer chickens and some other breeds too. We will be working on our project of raising day old chicks and selling them. We have speckled Sussex, Easter Egger, Lakeside Egger, Light brown Leghorn and Egyptian Fayoumis on the list.

Looking forward to have a mixed flock and a Gold Deathlayer flock of chickens.

We are going to purchase our chicks from a feed supply store, same as last year. They don't know what they are getting until the chicks are delivered, though. I hope they get in some silkies, which I have not had before. Also a French Black Copper Maran (I love those dark eggs!)

If I could choose one special breed, probably a Gold Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben. I doubt the feed store will get those, though :D

We are going to purchase our chicks from a feed supply store, same as last year. They don't know what they are getting until the chicks are delivered, though. I hope they get in some silkies, which I have not had before. Also a French Black Copper Maran (I love those dark eggs!)

If I could choose one special breed, probably a Gold Spangled Appenzeller Spitzhauben. I doubt the feed store will get those, though :D
You could ask them if they'd order them for you. I suppose it depends on which hatchery they go through, but our feed store had a laundry list long of breeds we could order above their usual ones.

Back
Top Bottom