What's you plan for 2024 chicks!

Pics
Will be hatching from my flocks this year primarily. Some project Chameleons, Project Mini AGs, PBA in USA Project chicks, Giant Silkie Project chicks, & some Experimental Meaties.

If things work out, will be ordering some Jumbo Peking Ducklings to raise for meat.

Will be hatching from my flocks this year primarily. Some project Chameleons, PBA in USA Project chicks, Giant Silkie Project chicks, & some Experimental Meaties.

If things work out, will be ordering some Jumbo Peking Ducklings to raise for meat.
I love it! I have 3 Jumbo Pekin Ducks that I will be butching soon. I got them at Tractor Supply and thought I was getting Pekins for laying but I guess not. I am ordering some laying ducklings and a dozen chicks from Meyer Hatchery this year. The rest I am hatching from my incubator!

I love it! I have 3 Jumbo Pekin Ducks that I will be butching soon. I got them at Tractor Supply and thought I was getting Pekins for laying but I guess not. I am ordering some laying ducklings and a dozen chicks from Meyer Hatchery this year. The rest I am hatching from my incubator!
Nice.
What are you planning on hatching.

Thinking Barred Rock, White Leghorn, Salmon Favorelle, New Hampshire Red, Buff Brahma, and Easter Egger! Still not really sure if I'm getting the ducks yet. They make such a mess!
Not a bad selection.

I free range ducks, & keep a pool in a specific area of the yard for them. Don't have ducks currently, just butchered the only 3 we had last month.

Not a bad selection.

I free range ducks, & keep a pool in a specific area of the yard for them.
When they go in their coop at night, they splash the water everywhere in the coop and I am afraid that they are going to rot the coop floor out of the chicken coop! Then it freezes and they chickens get hurt jumping down from the roost - I probably have a dozen chickens limping right now!

When they go in their coop at night, they splash the water everywhere in the coop and I am afraid that they are going to rot the coop floor out of the chicken coop! Then it freezes and they chickens get hurt jumping down from the roost - I probably have a dozen chickens limping right now!
Out of the waterer!

Back
Top Bottom