What will these look like as adults?

Tfritz185

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2023
I got these two Americana or ameraucana chicks from my local feed store and I'm just wondering if anyone knows what color they are or what color they will be as adults. It's the two that look the same. The other one is a Prairie bluebell egger.

Attachments

• 20240417_090327.jpg
    20240417_090327.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 45
The both silvery might be lavender or bluish, the one with spot may have some mottled gene but may not present it later in adult plumage.
I have actually a yellow with a dark spot on the head, which should be an offspring to lavender mottled, but the first feathers seem to be white...

won't be blue. I have blue Ameracauna chicks and they are gray, not cream colored.

These are Easter Eggers? or Ameracauna?

won't be blue. I have blue Ameracauna chicks and they are gray, not cream colored.

These are Easter Eggers? or Ameracauna?
I’m guessing Easter Egger based on the spelling of the breed name (if that’s actually how they spelled it) plus how it appears they weren’t sold as a specific color as well as coming from a feed store. But I could be wrong.

Why does hoovers have a separate breed called easter eggers then if your saying these are easter eggers?

Whoof, this question made me check their site, and you're right . . . they are selling Easter Eggers under two different names. That is a really misleading and scammy thing for them to do.

Back
Top Bottom