What would cause a chickens neck to go backwards

appps

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Australia
And discharge from the face. He said its neck was sort of pulled backwards. This was an adult chook as far as I know.

I ask as my **** husband went to check out a mates dying chook in its pen and then came home and in same boots locked up ours. He washed his hands though so all good (where is the rolleyes icon when you need it)

Just wondering what I should be reading up on just in case.

Last edited:
Thanks. Have been googling and symptoms match both newcastles disease and bird flu as well so really could kill hubby for coming home and walking round in our pen in his boots he wore in theirs.

I thought of wry neck as I've seen posts about it here but couldn't really find it as a disease of older birds??.

The guy who has it is not going to spend anytime treating unless that is super easy so think its best to advise him to put it down before it potentially spreads through his flock.

Last edited:
Just keep a close watch on your chickens for any symptoms, and spray some disinfectant on those boots. Thankfully, many of the viruses will not live very long outside of a host, so you be able to rest soon. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom