What would the offspring be

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
I have 3 roosters lavender orp (Foggy), black with some copper neck striped EE (Rob), BCM (Hei Hei), and nine hens 1 blue maran (Spunky), 2 bcms (Mutha’ Clucka’ and Chongus), 3 bared rocks but one has a rose comb (Sanderson sisters), 1 grey EE (Jellybean), 1 golden laced polish (Karen), and 1 blue silkie (Niblet). Yes I know not enough hens we are going to build another coop and add more to their run plus we’re getting a lot of silkies soon and other hens.

Prolly a lot of black chicks. most blue to blue has 1/2 black and 1/2 blue. Since you have many black chickens on top of that. That is what you get.

Prolly a lot of black chicks. most blue to blue has 1/2 black and 1/2 blue. Since you have many black chickens on top of that. That is what you get.
What about this and this
80566DAC-6E78-4855-A729-4CCB8A24FFAD.jpeg
E852A6E3-DA7A-4FF8-B868-E66BE21894BF.jpeg

I'm a little confused. Are you asking if there are any possible crosses that would end up with offspring that are the same as a recognized breed?

I'm a little confused. Are you asking if there are any possible crosses that would end up with offspring that are the same as a recognized breed?
Well yes and no I more of want to know what they would look like so I have an idea of what to market the chicks as but will any be recognized breeds and would the blue black Maran mix qualify as pure

Market them as they are… barnyard mixes. People will still buy them. I personally LOVE BYMs. You could also list all of the breeds like you did in your original post so people know the possibilities but yeah. None will be pure since there’s no guarantee who the parents are or who fertilized what.

Back
Top Bottom