What would you do

Oh no! I hope my chicks come in okay. That would be awful. If you don’t mind me asking what was wrong with your shipment? Glad Herman is doing well :)
The heat pack wasn't activated properly. When it got to me, I had one dead peep and five really sick ones ... too cold! The pack was barely warmish ... until I slapped it on the ground again to see if it would activate. It did ... and stayed warm for another 24 hours.
I lost four more peeps over the next few days, arguing back and forth with Customer Service the whole time. Herman pulled through, but was too frail to go outside all Winter ... which is why he became Herman the House Rooster!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/is-there-a-rooster-in-the-house.74089/

I wanted to add, initially when I made contact with them they said they would send half of the chicks in one shipment and the other half in another shipment but I would have to pay separate shipping for both shipments, REALLY...
Yeah ... Three of my dead chicks were out of stock until the next Spring ... so I could get them replaced for free, but I would have to pay shipping again. Shipping? That's the most expensive part!

Yeah ... Three of my dead chicks were out of stock until the next Spring ... so I could get them replaced for free, but I would have to pay shipping again. Shipping? That's the most expensive part!
Thank you! I’ll try to find someone local but the only problem with that is getting females and not SR

Hi,
You are more than welcome to email us at Meyer Hatchery to discuss the issue regarding your displeasure regarding your order. We do offer substitutions of similar priced birds and only charge if the price is greatly different. If you have questions or concerns regarding your order please don't hesitate giving us an email or call to discuss it.

View attachment 1905259 View attachment 1905259
Hi,
You are more than welcome to email us at Meyer Hatchery to discuss the issue regarding your displeasure regarding your order. We do offer substitutions of similar priced birds and only charge if the price is greatly different. If you have questions or concerns regarding your order please don't hesitate giving us an email or call to discuss it.
Hello there and thank you for the reply.
I have been in touch with your CS Manager -Tama regarding a USPS issue and she was wonderful and extremely helpful. Please communicate with her because she did confirm that because it was a hatching problem and my order has been placed 5 months ago and it’s only one chick I would be entitled to any substitution regardless of the price (no xtra charge). She also found something else that was charged xtra and gave me the credit. So really I have no complaints. All of your CS reps have been nothing but helpful and courteous. Human error and miscommunication does happen and I understand that. The situation didn’t sit well with me that’s all. The chicks are here and they seem happy and healthy so far.

Attachments

• CD6319DB-B9B8-4B97-A60F-9FBE6176074A.jpeg
    CD6319DB-B9B8-4B97-A60F-9FBE6176074A.jpeg
    396.2 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone and thank you all for the help you have been giving me every time I have a question.

I ordered a few baby chicks from Meyer Hatchery mid April and they were shipped yesterday. In the morning they advised me that they had a problem with one of the breed I ordered and asked if I wanted to substitute with something else and pay the difference. I said no as I was really disappointed that they didn’t have the Appenzeller Spitzhauben which I was looking forward to the most. The CS rep suggested to place the order very early next year to ensure delivery to which I did remind her that this order was placed in April-5 months ago.

What annoyed me a bit is that I should have been given the option of substitution without having to pay extra.
I want to send them an email telling them how I feel. Is it petty and whining on my side or is this the norm for the chicken business?

I haven’t received the chicks yet and I ‘ll go to the Post Office shortly to make sure they’re not laying around there being ignored.

Doesn't say where your from, but if you were in Idaho I have a friend that has 2 pair a cockerel and a hen in each of the pairs .

Sorry you had that problem , I track mine closely after the post office handed me a box with 15 dead chicks in it, Hoovers replaced it and I was tracking as they actually have 2 days to get to you and we put an intercept in and drove 60 miles each way with food and water for the replacement shipment just to make sure they got to us safely and because we did that we got 15 live chicks that would have been dead when they got here a day later. One thing to ask is if they ship FEDEX, it's actually cheaper than UPS and if anything they usually get her a early, they didn't used to but have changed their stance and are shipping live chicks cheaper than USPS.

You might check and see if other hatcheries have that particular breed or anybody in state , I would not have been a happy camper as you pay for your order when ya make it, but looks like thankfully they have ya better satisfied with different CS

Doesn't say where your from, but if you were in Idaho I have a friend that has 2 pair a cockerel and a hen in each of the pairs .

Sorry you had that problem , I track mine closely after the post office handed me a box with 15 dead chicks in it, Hoovers replaced it and I was tracking as they actually have 2 days to get to you and we put an intercept in and drove 60 miles each way with food and water for the replacement shipment just to make sure they got to us safely and because we did that we got 15 live chicks that would have been dead when they got here a day later. One thing to ask is if they ship FEDEX, it's actually cheaper than UPS and if anything they usually get her a early, they didn't used to but have changed their stance and are shipping live chicks cheaper than USPS.

You might check and see if other hatcheries have that particular breed or anybody in state , I would not have been a happy camper as you pay for your order when ya make it, but looks like thankfully they have ya better satisfied with different CS
I’m in South Florida, so yes Idaho would be far :) Tama is the CS Manager and she promised to contact me in December to place another order for the Spitzhauben. She was very helpful and friendly. My chicks arrived well in spite of the horrible, unprofessional and unorganized USPS which proceeded to charge me $14.10 for picking up the chicks versus them being loaded in a hot truck all day for delivery @6PM when we usually get the mail. It was 95F here today. I didn’t need to do that the last time I picked up my ducklings. :idunno:he:barnieThank you for the reply.

Hello everyone and thank you all for the help you have been giving me every time I have a question.

I ordered a few baby chicks from Meyer Hatchery mid April and they were shipped yesterday. In the morning they advised me that they had a problem with one of the breed I ordered and asked if I wanted to substitute with something else and pay the difference. I said no as I was really disappointed that they didn’t have the Appenzeller Spitzhauben which I was looking forward to the most. The CS rep suggested to place the order very early next year to ensure delivery to which I did remind her that this order was placed in April-5 months ago.

What annoyed me a bit is that I should have been given the option of substitution without having to pay extra.
I want to send them an email telling them how I feel. Is it petty and whining on my side or is this the norm for the chicken business?

I haven’t received the chicks yet and I ‘ll go to the Post Office shortly to make sure they’re not laying around there being ignored.
If you ordered something then you ordered it. The purpose of a company is to fulfill that order. If they can't fulfill their purpose than they have failed no matter the reason for their failure they still failed. You shouldn't have had to pay a difference

I have been told only USPS will ship chicks. I had a problem when a hatchery had a bad hatch as well, they offered me a free substitution, atralorps vs assortment. I did however get a single barred rock. Shipping was free and I worked directly with the owner. Valley farms hatchery is small but much worth it. I have 14 6 week old chickies happy & healthy. Better survival rate than when i ordered from hoover, but thats just my experience. I would leave a google review. It has a good amount of power these days.

Back
Top Bottom