What would you sell this sumatra pullet for?

Alixzandrah

Songster
Jul 17, 2021
I picked up her and a sibling for a pretty penny as chicks from a great local breeder. Her sibling was taken by a predator and I don’t have use for her and would rather someone who could make use or appreciate her have her. Unsure what to ask for her? Any input? She’s a splash sumatra who is a year old. Currently laying.

Attachments

• CFFB8342-6956-4B7F-B53D-E36E3A10F329.jpeg
    CFFB8342-6956-4B7F-B53D-E36E3A10F329.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
I figured around that general amount but was told because she’s a more rare bird not your Rhode Island Red to ask for more.
She'll only go for more if people are willing to pay more. I know around here, she could be a show champion of a nearly extinct breed and most people wouldn't pay more for her than a hatchery hen would cost

I picked up her and a sibling for a pretty penny as chicks from a great local breeder. Her sibling was taken by a predator and I don’t have use for her and would rather someone who could make use or appreciate her have her. Unsure what to ask for her? Any input? She’s a splash sumatra who is a year old. Currently laying.
You could just give her away to a good home but if you need or want the money, call the great local breeder you got her from and ask them what a fair price is, then charge that. Good luck finding a nice home for her.

Last edited:
I'd just give her away to a good home but if you need or want the money, call the great local breeder you got her from and ask them what a fair price is, then charge that.
The chick and chicken market here is innnnnnsaneeeee. Whatever I get I just put towards food for the flock

Back
Top Bottom