What would YOU want to see at a bake sale?

Smores brownies are delicious!!! Though these brownies sound good (https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a26363572/trash-brownies-recipe/)
Maybe try some muffins (banana, blueberry, or chocolate chip?)
or maybe rice krispy treats?
Make sure to wear masks and gloves and wash your hands and your surface! :)
Muffins and rice krispy treats are both great ideas! Yep, we will probably be sanitizing everything, wearing gloves and masks while baking, repeatedly washing hands, changing gloves between each batch/item, etc.

I personally have a hard time finding these things:
-From scratch GOOD homemade regular pound cake! My husband however loves lemon pound cake, so I make it with lemon zest/juice inside the mix and a lemon glaze on top.
-BROOKIES! Brownie cookie hybrid.
-HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE! I haven't had one in years and the lady that made them was great at it. Haven't had a tasty cheesecake since. Alternately, I love the Japanese cotton cheesecake.
-Sugar cookies with royal icing designs to match the seasons!
-Homemade fudge was always a hit at the state fair I noticed.
-I haven't had a good Pineapple Upside Down Cake since I was a toddler and my Grandma made it from scratch.

Edit: Also, I really love coffee cakes and zucchini or banana bread!

Hope these may help? I know they are alot but you could sell by the slice on cakes. :love These are all things I'd pay to eat

I personally have a hard time finding these things:
-From scratch GOOD homemade regular pound cake! My husband however loves lemon pound cake, so I make it with lemon zest/juice inside the mix and a lemon glaze on top.
-BROOKIES! Brownie cookie hybrid.
-HOMEMADE CHEESECAKE! I haven't had one in years and the lady that made them was great at it. Haven't had a tasty cheesecake since. Alternately, I love the Japanese cotton cheesecake.
-Sugar cookies with royal icing designs to match the seasons!
-Homemade fudge was always a hit at the state fair I noticed.
-I haven't had a good Pineapple Upside Down Cake since I was a toddler and my Grandma made it from scratch.

Edit: Also, I really love coffee cakes and zucchini or banana bread!

Hope these may help? I know they are alot but you could sell by the slice on cakes. :love These are all things I'd pay to eat
Banana bread is a good easy idea! I haven't made pound cake, cheesecake, or brookies before. Brookies I could probably do, but I'm worried that I would mess up cheesecake or pound cake. Royal icing designs is a good idea! I could do fall leaves and pumpkins.

I am totally happy to share pound cake and royal icing recipes I have on hand! @black_cat (lovely photo by the way!) If you have a good sugar cookie recipe and some cookie cutters, the icing cookies are a perfect treat. I make them on rare special occasions in the house here and everyone loves them with royal icing. I have a recipe that holds well for that, as well as a sugar cookie recipe that is perfect without any topping!

I am totally happy to share pound cake and royal icing recipes I have on hand! @black_cat (lovely photo by the way!) If you have a good sugar cookie recipe and some cookie cutters, the icing cookies are a perfect treat. I make them on rare special occasions in the house here and everyone loves them with royal icing. I have a recipe that holds well for that, as well as a sugar cookie recipe that is perfect without any topping!
We have a great cookbook with lots of recipes, but I would love to hear yours as well! It's not so much the recipes as much as they seem easy to mess up while making so you end up with a bad product. I have no idea where our cookie cutters are, but we definitely have some! They may be mostly christmas themed, so I might do circles and just pipe things on. How thick should the royal icing be? I know that it can be very thin if you make it a certain way, and also quite thick.

@black_cat - I will send a message over with links and such to the recipes! Also, the royal icing thickness will be determined by how much powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) you use. The more, the thicker. The less, the runnier. I start with a thicker batch for the outside of the cookie and the border lines, then to fill it in I use a thinner mix and I use a toothpick to help spread it out and pop any little air bubbles.

@black_cat - I will send a message over with links and such to the recipes! Also, the royal icing thickness will be determined by how much powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar) you use. The more, the thicker. The less, the runnier. I start with a thicker batch for the outside of the cookie and the border lines, then to fill it in I use a thinner mix and I use a toothpick to help spread it out and pop any little air bubbles.
Thanks so much!

mini pound cakes so you can sell individually might be a good idea for coffee drinkers,
Plain old fashioned chocolate chip cookies ( the soft kind)
Rice krispie treats maybe made with different cereal like fruitie pebbles, Lucky charms
Lemon bars
Oatmeal raisin cookies
Don't worry, no hard chocolate chip cookies to be found here. Only soft ones allowed! We do have a very good lemon bar recipe! I'll add that to the list! I can also probably do oatmeal raisin cookies.

Back
Top Bottom