What Wyandotte is she?

Jan 2, 2022
Texarkana Arkansas
Hi everyone!! I have a chicken at about eight months old. She came from our silver laced Wyandotte and had a brother who is a silver laced Wyandotte, but we can’t really identity her breed. We think she is a mix of a blue laced red Wyandotte and a silver laced Wyandotte but we’re not sure 🤔 . Is anyone else?? Thanks!!! 😁🦃🐓🪶🦆🐥🐣🐤

DFEA9C40-C5DD-4458-9C39-9820B1FB2790.jpeg

Ok, maybe it's just my eyes. Or my computer. Or both. Are her legs green? Could she be mixed with EE? Do you have an EE and Wyandotte that could make that mix?

Hi everyone!! I have a chicken at about eight months old. She came from our silver laced Wyandotte and had a brother who is a silver laced Wyandotte, but we can’t really identity her breed. We think she is a mix of a blue laced red Wyandotte and a silver laced Wyandotte but we’re not sure 🤔 . Is anyone else?? Thanks!!! 😁🦃🐓🪶🦆🐥🐣🐤
I’m the guy who brings either great news or terrible news... sadly for you it’s the latter. That hen no Wyandotte. Possibly not even a quarter Wyandotte. As for the patterns there are many common breeds with that same color and pattern.
The reason you might think she’s a Wyandotte is because you’ve probably never seen a true Wyandotte variation in person. They look gorgeous in Google’s images but they’re actually much more beautiful in person. Even hybrids have the same gorgeous patterns. This hen is a common cross.
The somewhat good news is that that’s how Wyandotte’s were made. They were made through selectively breeding hens with pattern mutations like her and crossed with other vibrant breeds for generations possibly took the inventor over decades.
I’m inventing a few vibrantly colored and uniquely patterned breeds myself and thats the process I’m using though it’ll probably take me less than 5 years to finish that.

Back
Top Bottom