WHAT YA GOT SWAP Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have eggs hatching at home and I am stuck in town until later today...
barnie.gif

I hoe they all hatch today. I'm not going to be home tomorrow. My poor DD smashed her finger in the hinge side of a heavy metal door on Friday afternoon. We sat for 2 1/2 hours at the ER before they saw her. The bone in her fingertip is fractured, and her nail bed is sticking out of her finger. All they did was bandage it and put her on antibiotics and pain meds. She has to see a lastic surgeon in Duluth tomorrow to see if her nail can be saved... Poor girl..
hit.gif

Thank you everyone. It magically apeared later last night. Its gone already I did like loads of luandry and I think who ever took it used some or dumped some or something who knows it was a little bottle. I dont have any borax or washing soada but I just cut up a bar of soap and melted it into a small pot of water and then mixed it with hot water in the bottle till the bottle was full. I will use this now ( thank you betta the pine soap smells awsome as luandry soap) . I would love if you all wrote down your recipies here so we that are intersted could all copy them down. Iw ould like to try them all. I wanted to go homemade this year so this works and now I have a small bottle to put it in. I did the whole bar with probly 2/3 a gallon or less of hot water . Hope it does ok for these last 4 loads till I can get the rest of the ingredents for the recipies. THanks so much. Now I just have to finish washing and drying and putting away like 12 loads of luandry
sickbyc.gif

Homemade Laundry Soap:
1/3 bar of soap
: you can use as much soap as you want. I use a whole bar it suds more.
½ cup washing soda
½ cup borax powder
~You will also need a small bucket, about 2 gallon size~

(I also add extra essential oil to my liking.)

Melt the soap in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap dissolves in the water. Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat. Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir. Now add 1 gallon plus 6 cups of water and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. You use ½ cup per load. (but again you can add as much detergent per load as you like.)

The finished soap will not be a solid gel. It will be more of a watery gel that has been accurately described as an "egg noodle soup" look.

The soap is a low sudsing soap. So if you don’t see suds, that is ok. Suds are not what does the cleaning, it is the ingredients in the soap.

I have eggs hatching at home and I am stuck in town until later today...
barnie.gif

I hoe they all hatch today. I'm not going to be home tomorrow. My poor DD smashed her finger in the hinge side of a heavy metal door on Friday afternoon. We sat for 2 1/2 hours at the ER before they saw her. The bone in her fingertip is fractured, and her nail bed is sticking out of her finger. All they did was bandage it and put her on antibiotics and pain meds. She has to see a lastic surgeon in Duluth tomorrow to see if her nail can be saved... Poor girl..
hit.gif
Gosh, I hate having to wait in the ER for a long time to be given a bandage. At least they did get her some antibiotic and pain meds. She must hurting
hugs.gif
Hopefully the appointment in Duluth will go well for her. Will be thinking about you tomorrow!

Quote: I think it only affect my email
fl.gif
I've been monitoring other accounts to make sure. Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Yay chickies! - We have 13 hatch so far. I forgot to mark the egg on one of them and the chick hatched in the middle of the night with a couple of others and I don't know for sure what it is - other than a mix from one of my pens. They definitely made my day!

Gabs, I have little packs of borax and washing soda that I mixed. Matches the recipe that Reese posted (same one I use). I just picked up some Fels naptha a little bit ago. Can you afford to buy everything? It's like $10-$15 for everything, if I remember correctly. I can put a bar and a bag of the mixed borax and washing soda in with your candle. The bag makes two batches, but if you wanted to keep it even, you can use a half bar of fels per batch instead of a third, lol. It'll work better than the pine, but might not smell as good, lol. The pine has a high oil content, so it might make the clothes dingy.

Last edited:
Ahhhh I THINK I have have exciting news! But it's kind of peculiar...
So today I went out to collect eggs, one egg from 12 chickens :rolleyes: , and my black austrorp hen jumped out of the nest box. My dog chased her for like 2 seconds before I scooped her up and put her back in and shut the door. I noticed she appeared a little hen pecked- not enough to worry about- but I thought it could also be from the very brief encounter with the dog.
So I fed the chickens a couple hrs later after I had let them free range for a bit and noticed that hen didn't come running. I peeked my head inside the cool and she was laying at the bottom. I was worried she was hurt so I went to investigate and turns out she was laying on two eggs! But they are the fake eggs we put in the coop to get them laying... I went and got the one egg layed today and rolled it her and she took her beak and put it under her. Initially I was stoked but then I thought, but the other two are fake... Is she stupid?
What do you guys think? I would LOVE a broody hen but is she really broody? I thought hens rolled out the bad eggs and she is sitting on fake eggs. What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom