What's out there?! Scary noises curious & nervous

OK this is more curiosity because before when I've posted on the predator site it was because of the loss. So I'm glad this isn't on such a gram note but this morning on the opposite side of the property from the chicken coop I heard the most frightening noise. Very much sounded like a young girl getting killed. But I could tell shortly after obviously an animal. I've always lived in the rural areas and used to having to worry about coyotes foxes raccoons in the occasional bobcat. I've heard the coyotes howl at my old property before but this was a sound unlike no other. But I have moved to a 17 1/2 acre property surrounded by conservation area.
So just curious and the coop is prepared for predators but what screams such a spine wrenching scream at 4 AM ?!

When I moved onto my property 25 years ago there was a flock of naturalized peacocks free ranging the adjoining creek bed For several years. Oh my heavenly stars and garters the noises they would make!!!!

A fischer cat screams like a woman being slaughtered...it is totally frightening...they are quite aggressive hunters. So stay inside and safe. You can actually listen to the sound, google it.

Back
Top Bottom