What's out there?! Scary noises curious & nervous

There is not enough information to even guess on this beyond it being a vertebrate or possibly a constipated alien.
I am leaning towards alien.
Seriously, I guess I have never heard a fisher cat; not sure we have them here in Texas. A screaming bobcat sounds like a baby crying/kid in trouble.

rd

OK this is more curiosity because before when I've posted on the predator site it was because of the loss. So I'm glad this isn't on such a gram note but this morning on the opposite side of the property from the chicken coop I heard the most frightening noise. Very much sounded like a young girl getting killed. But I could tell shortly after obviously an animal. I've always lived in the rural areas and used to having to worry about coyotes foxes raccoons in the occasional bobcat. I've heard the coyotes howl at my old property before but this was a sound unlike no other. But I have moved to a 17 1/2 acre property surrounded by conservation area.
So just curious and the coop is prepared for predators but what screams such a spine wrenching scream at 4 AM ?!
Maybe a peacock?

Maybe a peacock?
This was my first thought too. I remember hearing the sound of what I swore was a child screaming in the woods. I put my shoes on and RAN - it was a loose peacock that got away from someone's farm! I had never in my life heard such a terrible, blood-chilling noise.

I would love to raise peacocks, but I think it would be upsetting. They really sound like an animal or child being hurt and it is distressing to hear if you don't know what it is.

After looking up fisher cats I m not quite close enough to the mountains I think. Never seen or heard of them near by
Definitely not a peacock. It was from the woods line and there's nothing but woods from that point for acres till you hit the creek. One of the several places the deer wander over from. No houses near
Listing to different and calls (or screams) I'm thinking bobcat. No others were really as loud and startling

Back
Top Bottom